Roasted Vegetables and Ham couscous - sweet roasted peppers, onions, butternut squash and ham with fluffy couscous.
Calories in Roasted Vegetables and Ham Couscous
This recipe serves 4 people and is 262 calories per serving, which when paired with a side and some vegetables is a delicious filling meal that doesn't compromise on flavour, doesn't feel like diet food and is suitable for the whole family.
There are lots more recipes around this calorie value in my 200-300 calorie recipes
If you are using these recipes as part of a calorie controlled diet or healthy eating plan, you can calculate your daily calories by using a calorie calculator, as this will vary per individual depending on various factors.
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetables and Ham Couscous
for this Roasted Vegetables and Ham Couscous you need the following ingredients.
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- red onion
- butternut squashcouscous
- chicken or vegetable stock
- lean ham
- canned sweet corn
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
- low calorie spray
Couscous - Quick to Cook
Couscous is such a great ingredient, it takes just 5 minutes to cook and you are done. You just add hot water or stock, leave for 5 minutes with a lid on, and then remove and fluff with a fork, simple as that.
The only complicated part is deciding what ingredients you want to add into it.
Using up Vegetables
Today I was using up vegetables I had on hand, so roasted a whole tray to use in a simple couscous salad which I figured those would be perfect with some chopped up ham. Leftover cooked chicken or even some feta or cheddar would also be a great addition.
Serve the Roasted Vegetables and Ham Couscous as a complete meal, or on the side of another dish. It's great as a packed lunch or for a picnic too.
For the roasted vegetables, you really can roast any vegetables of choice, but for this dish, I like red and green peppers, red onion, butternut squash and zucchini, then I also mix in a bit of canned sweetcorn. I diced the vegetables into small pieces, so you get little equal bites of yumminess in every mouthful.
For best results when roasting vegetables you want a large baking sheet so that all the vegetables are in a thin even layer to ensure they cook properly. If you pile them too close together you won't get that roasted vegetable taste, they will steam and big soggy.
I like to line my tray with parchment paper also for easy clean up and because I am using low calorie spray instead of olive oil. However you can use a little drizzle of olive oil if you prefer. It's only 120 calories for 1 tablespoon.
Packed Lunch Recipes
Looking for some more recipes that are great for lunches on the go? Check out these:
- Hawaiian Style Couscous
- Broccoli Cheddar Hash Brown Muffins
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Seafood Salad
- Make-Ahead Bacon Egg Potato Breakfast Bites
- Pork and Sweet Potato Meatballs
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites
- Sausage, Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- Crab Stick Salad
- Watermelon and Feta Salad
or if you would like more recipe ideas or sides to make with this recipe - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more..
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
So why not make up a batch today of this yummy Roasted Vegetables and Ham Couscous and take a tub to work for lunch tomorrow!!
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- ½ red pepper, chopped small
- ½ green pepper, chopped small
- 1 red onion, chopped small
- 250g (90z) of butternut squash, chopped small
- 1 cup (175g) of couscous, uncooked
- 1 cup (240ml) of boiling hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 6 slices of ham, chopped small
- ½ cup (90g) of canned sweet corn
- salt and black pepper
- small handful of parsley, chopped
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spread peppers, onion and butternut squash out on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Season well with salt and black pepper
- Spray over the top with low calorie spray
- Roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, add the couscous to a bowl.
- Pour the hot stock into the couscous, stir, add lid and leave for about 5 mins.
- Once vegetables are ready.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and add to a large bowl.
- Add in the roasted vegetables, ham, sweetcorn and chopped Italian parsley
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Mix well to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 2.2gSaturated Fat 0.4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 497mgCarbohydrates 49.1gFiber 5.1gProtein 14.9g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.