Mini Tuna Couscous Patties - grab a few of these for a snack, serve as an appetizer or enjoy them for lunch with a mixed salad. Just a handful of simple ingredients for these delicious bites.
You know those times when you have a busy day ahead, you are going to be on your feet and out most of the day, but you really don't want to go off plan and also don't want to be caught out trying to find something that is on plan for lunch.
It's always a good time to have something prepared you can take with you, but sometimes things like soup in a flask or salads just won't cut it, you want something finger food like, that you can shove in a tub with a cool block and nibble at here and there as the hunger takes over. That's where these yummy Mini Tuna Couscous Patties are perfect. You can even make some of these delicious Louisiana Remoulade to take alongside them in a little tub for dipping, add a few veggies sticks for some veg and you are sorted.
See even on busy days we can be slightly organized and on plan if we prepare. Of course, it's fine to have the occasional off day here and there when you are out all day like that, but if you have been really good and don't want to mess up your week, then recipes like this are a lifesaver.
Want some more grab and go recipes like this? Check out some of these delicious recipes:
- Cheese Twists
- Sausage Rolls
- Delicious Healthy Vegetable Pakoras
- Spinach and Feta Frittata
- Crustless Bacon Leek and Sweet Potato Quiche
- Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
- Honey and Garlic Chicken
- Tuna and Sweet Potato Patties
- Risotto Patties
- Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE index for over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc
You can vary these up too, swap the tuna for salmon or even some shredded chicken if you are not a person who enjoys fish. You can even swap the fish or chicken altogether and just keep them veggie.
How can I add Vegetables to these Mini Tuna Couscous Patties?
Serve these alongside a delicious mixed salad of your choice to add some vegetables to these. If you are taking these in a packed lunch, then some veggie crudites are a great option along with the Louisiana Remoulade Dip or if you are making these on a cold winter's day, then serving these with a bowl of delicious warming filled vegetable soup is a great option and there are heaps of Soup Recipes for you to browse through.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS Mini Tuna COUSCOUS PATTIES YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- ½ cup of uncooked couscous
- 150g of canned tuna, flaked
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 pinches of paprika
- 1 small sweet potato (approx 200g)
- 1 large egg
- salt and black pepper to season
- cooking oil spray
- Pierce the sweet potato and cook in a microwave for approx 4-5 mins until soft to the touch when pinched, set aside.
- Add the couscous to a bowl with 1 cup of boiling hot water. Cover and leave for 10 mins and then fluff up with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Cut the sweet potato in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Add the sweet potato to the couscous, along with the tuna, spring onion, paprika, cayenne, egg and some salt and black pepper to season and mix until all combined.
- Form into approx 8-10 mini patties.
- Place on a tray lined with parchment paper and spray over the top with cooking oil spray
- Bake in the oven for approx 30 mins, patties should be lightly golden.
Perfect served with this Louisiana Remoulade Dip
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 4 mini patties (1 serving)
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 3.5gSaturated Fat 1.4gCholesterol 119mgSodium 285mgCarbohydrates 52.6gFiber 5.4gSugar 4.9gProtein 24.8g