Louisiana Remoulade Dip - a perfect sauce for dipping, serving with grilled meats and fish or as a creamy dressing for a salad.
Remoulade is a classic French sauce that is typically made with mayonnaise or oil base and close to what we all know as Tartar Sauce. The Louisiana Remoulade version has a New Orleans twist with a blend of spices that give it a distinct reddish/pink colour.
To keep the calories as low as possible in this yummy dip, I use very little mayonnaise and instead opt for plain yoghurt, which is not a traditional ingredient in this dip of course, but it still tastes great and is one of my favourites quite condiments to make, when I want a dip of some kind with some fish or grilled meats.
Some other recipes that are great for this dip are:
- Tuna and Sweet Potato Patties
- Salmon, Brussels and Squash Patties
- Risotto Patties
- Sweet Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Patties
- Vegetable and Cheddar Patties
- Crab Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Red Pesto, Sweet Potato and Tuna Burgers
- Mini Salmon and Brown Rice Cakes
- Crab Cakes
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE index where you will find over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes.
Next time you light up the barbecue, why not make up a bowl of this dip to serve with your grilled meat. You could even do some skewers of shrimp with a nice mixed salad, that would just be perfect alongside this Louisiana Remoulade.
Hey, I've even been known to use this Louisiana Remoulade with just some plain ole veggie crudites, think of the vegetables. It's a great way to enjoy some vegetables as a snack. Veggie sticks are always so much nicer when served with a nice dip.
This Louisiana Remoulade is super easy to make too, as it combines typical ingredients that most of us have in our store cupboard. Just mayo, yoghurt, paprika, onion, garlic powder, little lemon juice and of course a pinch of cayenne for that spicy kick alongside the usual seasoning of salt and pepper.
It is so quick to make, that I usually just make up a fresh batch as and when I need it, but it will also keep well in the fridge for about 3-4 days, so if you want to double up the recipe to make more, then please do.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS LOUISIANA REMOULADE DIP YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Small mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat-free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs of low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbs of fresh lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of sweetener of choice (I use sukrin:1)
- salt and black pepper to season
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk till well combine
- Sprinkle with some chopped parsley.
- Use with fish, grilled meats or as a dip for veggies etc
- Store in the fridge in a lidded container for up to 4 days.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving (½ the recipe)
Amount Per Serving Calories 55Total Fat 3.5gSaturated Fat 0.5gSodium 237mgCarbohydrates 4.3gFiber 0.5gSugar 2.8gProtein 2g