These little mini salmon and brown rice cakes are great served warm or cold. Make these up in advance for picnics and packed lunches with a mixed salad for a complete meal.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2 syns per serving
Mini Salmon and Brown Rice Cakes
- 200g of wild salmon (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 spring onions chopped (of can use a small handful of frozen peas)
- 1 tablespoon of reduced-fat mayonnaise (3 syns)
- sea salt and black pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- avocado oil spray
for the dip
- 6 tbs of plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs of reduced fat mayonnaise (3 syns)
- ¼ tsp of dill
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- juice of quarter of a lemon
- pinch of sea salt to season
- Preheat oven to 200c/fan 180c/400f or gas mark 6
- Add salmon rice, mayo, salt, black pepper, spring onion, red pepper flakes and egg to a bowl, gently fold to combine, don't over mix as you want chunks of salmon.
- Remove from dish, and flake into a bowl. Set aside.
- For into 8 equal size mini patties
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top with avocado oil spray
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Serve with a salad and some lemon wedges.
- Mix ingredients for dip in a bowl to combine, serve with the patties.
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1.5 syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points -
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Clare Trudgeon says
Do you think these could be reheated in microwave? Thinking they would be a good option to take to work for lunches....
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
I should think so yes. They are even good cold. 🙂