You will find various pattie recipe amongst the world wide web.
Hey you will even find quite a few on here already - Various Other Delicious Patties
So why oh why may you ask, are you posting another one?
Well patties are a favorite of mine. You can literally mix a few ingredients together with something to bind, form them into a shape of your desire and viola, delightful morsels of yumminess.
The other great thing about patties is that that are yummy served either hot or cold. So are a great food for lunch boxes or picnics.
I've made a batch of these several times and they have gone quickly when shared among friends.
The sweet potato and tuna is a match made in heaven, against the little specks of red onion and bell pepper.
I like to serve these with a salad and a homemade yoghurt dip or even salsa. They would be great with some mayo too for a few syns if you have some spare.
Extra Easy - syn free per pattie
WW Smart Points - 3 per pattie
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (approx 600g/21oz)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 2 cans (280g) of tuna
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- fresh chopped parsley
- spray oil
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork and microwave for approx 8 mins till slightly soft. Cut in half, scoop out flesh and roughly mash in a large bowl (If you prefer, you can steam in a steamer until fork tender)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- While the sweet potato cools down, Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil. Saute the onion to soften, stir in the red pepper and zucchini and just fry for couple of mins.
- Add this to the sweet potato, along with the tuna, salt, pepper, eggs and fresh chopped parsley.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper, form the mixture into equal sized patties, place on tray and bake in the oven for approx 35 mins till edges are golden and patties are firm.
- Serve with your choice of sides and a dipping sauce of your choice.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.