You will find various pattie recipe amongst the world wide web.
Hey you will even find quite a few on here already - Various Other Delicious Patties
So why oh why may you ask, are you posting another one?
Well patties are a favorite of mine. You can literally mix a few ingredients together with something to bind, form them into a shape of your desire and viola, delightful morsels of yumminess.
The other great thing about patties is that that are yummy served either hot or cold. So are a great food for lunch boxes or picnics.
I've made a batch of these several times and they have gone quickly when shared among friends.
The sweet potato and tuna is a match made in heaven, against the little specks of red onion and bell pepper.
I like to serve these with a salad and a homemade yoghurt dip or even salsa. They would be great with some mayo too for a few syns if you have some spare.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (approx 600g/21oz)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 2 cans (280g) of tuna
- 1 small zucchini, grated (squeeze out excess moisture)
- fresh chopped parsley
- spray oil
- Pierce sweet potato with a fork and microwave for approx 8 mins till slightly soft. Cut in half, scoop out flesh and roughly mash in a large bowl (If you prefer, you can steam in a steamer until fork tender)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- While the sweet potato cools down, Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil. Saute the onion to soften, stir in the red pepper and zucchini and just fry for couple of mins.
- Add this to the sweet potato, along with the tuna, salt, pepper, eggs and fresh chopped parsley.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Line a baking tray with some parchment paper, form the mixture into equal sized patties, place on tray and bake in the oven for approx 35 mins till edges are golden and patties are firm.
- Serve with your choice of sides and a dipping sauce of your choice.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Amount Per Serving Calories 129.4Total Fat 2.2gSaturated Fat 0.6gCholesterol 82.3mgSodium 200.9mgCarbohydrates 17.5gFiber 2.9gSugar 4gProtein 10.2g