Light and tasty Hawaiian Style Couscous
When ordering a pizza (which is a pretty rare occurrence nowadays), my favourite is Hawaiian. I think it is because I love that sweet and savoury combination. So when cooking up some couscous and looking at what I could add to it, Hawaiian style Couscous seemed like a fabulous idea, and it totally was.
The best thing about this too, is it is great for the whole family, my kids loved it. I even put some in their lunch boxes the next day and they brought them back completely cleared.
If you have a picnic or day out planned, this is a great dish to make up, it is so quick to put together, because couscous literally needs no cooking, just 5 mins in hot water or stock and it's done.
The the savoury ham, sweet pineapple and lightly sauteed veggies all mixed together make this perfect.
This recipe is also dairy free, although if you want to add some cheese to this too, it would be even more delicious.
Looking for some other lunch recipes? Then check out these: Slimming Eats Lunch recipes
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
WW Smart Points - 5
- 1 cup (240ml) of couscous
- 1 cup 240ml) of chicken stock
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) of fresh pineapple, cubed
- ½ cup (120ml) of canned corn
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil, add the onion and peppers and saute for approx 6 mins to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the stock to a small saucepan, bring to a boil, add the couscous, stir, turn of heat and add lid and leave for approx 5 mins.
- Add couscous to a large bowl, with onion/peppers and all other ingredients, season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.