Light and tasty Hawaiian Style Couscous
When ordering a pizza (which is a pretty rare occurrence nowadays), my favourite is Hawaiian. I think it is because I love that sweet and savoury combination. So when cooking up some couscous and looking at what I could add to it, Hawaiian style Couscous seemed like a fabulous idea, and it totally was.
The best thing about this too, is it is great for the whole family, my kids loved it. I even put some in their lunch boxes the next day and they brought them back completely cleared.
If you have a picnic or day out planned, this is a great dish to make up, it is so quick to put together, because couscous literally needs no cooking, just 5 mins in hot water or stock and it's done.
The the savoury ham, sweet pineapple and lightly sauteed veggies all mixed together make this perfect.
This recipe is also dairy free, although if you want to add some cheese to this too, it would be even more delicious.
Looking for some other lunch recipes? Then check out these: Slimming Eats Lunch recipes
- 1 cup (240ml) of couscous
- 1 cup 240ml) of chicken stock
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup (240ml) of fresh pineapple, cubed
- ½ cup (120ml) of canned corn
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil, add the onion and peppers and saute for approx 6 mins to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the stock to a small saucepan, bring to a boil, add the couscous, stir, turn of heat and add lid and leave for approx 5 mins.
- Add couscous to a large bowl, with onion/peppers and all other ingredients, season with salt and black pepper and mix well.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 23mgSodium 630mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 12g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.