You will love these Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites.
Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites which are great for a light lunch or snack. I often make finger food things like this that are Slimming Eats friendly, as they are great for kids and are a great way to sneak in some hidden veg that they wouldn’t normally eat.
I paired these up with my Homemade Pizza Sauce, but they would be just as good as side dish to a main meal, they are also really great served alongside some soup instead of bread.
They are super easy to make, just some grated sweet potato, zucchini, seasoning, cheddar and egg, all mixed together and formed into patties and then baked in the oven till golden. It's hard to not eat one before they even reach the plate, as they smell so good when they come out of the oven.
As well as being vegetarian friendly, these Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites are also gluten free.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 2 cups (480ml) of grated sweet potato
- 1 cup (240ml) of grated zucchini (courgette), squeezed of excess moisture
- 90g (3oz) of reduced fat cheddar, grated
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the sweet potato, zucchini, cheese and egg to a bowl, season well with salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Form into mini patties (approx 14)
- Place on the lined baking tray, spray over the top with spray oil and bake for approx 25-30 mins until lightly golden and firm.
- Carefully remove from tray with a spatula and serve with my Homemade Pizza Sauce
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 107mgSodium 463mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 10g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.