You will love these Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites.
Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites which are great for a light lunch or snack. I often make finger food things like this that are Slimming World friendly, as they are great for kids and are a great way to sneak in some hidden veg that they wouldn’t normally eat.
I paired these up with my Homemade Pizza Sauce, but they would be just as good as side dish to a main meal, they are also really great served alongside some soup instead of bread.
They are super easy to make, just some grated sweet potato, zucchini, seasoning, cheddar and egg, all mixed together and formed into patties and then baked in the oven till golden. It's hard to not eat one before they even reach the plate, as they smell so good when they come out of the oven.
As well as being vegetarian friendly, these Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites are also gluten free.
Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
Green - 1 HEa per serving
WW Smart Points - 9
or 1 syn per bite if not using your Healthy Extra A
- 2 cups (480ml) of grated sweet potato
- 1 cup (240ml) of grated zucchini (courgette), squeezed of excess moisture
- 90g (3oz) of reduced fat cheddar (2xHEa's), grated
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the sweet potato, zucchini, cheese and egg to a bowl, season well with salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Form into mini patties (approx 14)
- Place on the lined baking tray, spray over the top with spray oil and bake for approx 25-30 mins until lightly golden and firm.
- Carefully remove from tray with a spatula and serve with my Homemade Pizza Sauce
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.