Quick Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir Fry - a perfect family meal ready in less than 30 minutes.
Sometimes the quickest meals, that don't take a lot of thought can be one of the tastiest meals ever, and this was one that we really enjoyed.
This past week has been a kind of use up what we have kind of week, so not wanting to get any grocery's it's been a look in the fridge/pantry and combines a few ingredients to make meals.
Tonight the kids ask for noodles, so looking at what I had to use, I grabbed some ground beef for protein and then carrots, mushrooms and sugar snap peas for a quick and easy dinner.
The kids love the flavouring of Hoisin, it has really delicious with flavours, and you really don't need much of it at all. I just dolloped 2 tbs into the pan with a few other ingredients for a delicious sauce to coat the noodles, beef and vegetables.
I did discover one slight problem though when putting together this Quick Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir Fry, when I realized we had no noodles. Not the usual egg noodles anyway, but you know what, pasta works fine. So I grabbed a package of fettuccine pasta we had instead and we actually preferred it to the traditional egg noodles you would usually add to a noodle type dish.
If you do have noodles on hand, feel free to use those, either will work perfectly.
The combination of colours from the carrots, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms really made this dish look vibrant and appealing. I use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrot into ribbons, makes it perfect for this Hoisin Beef Noodle Vegetable Stir Fry.
You can also swap the protein to for something like ground pork or chicken, chicken strips, pork strips or shrimp etc.
Love quick recipes like this? Check out these other delicious recipes, all ready in less than 30 minutes
- Chicken Chop Suey
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- Thai Chicken Noodles
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Quick Sriracha Chicken
- One Pot Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- Quick Hoisin Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
- Chicken Zoodle Stir Fry
- Apricot Chicken Meatballs
- One Pot Speed Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients and smart points etc.
What kitchen items do I need to make this Quick Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir Fry?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowls
- vegetable peeler
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 200g of extra lean ground beef
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin ribbons (I use a vegetable peeler)
- 2 handfuls of sugar snaps peas
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 100g of noodles of choice (I use fettuccine pasta)
- 2 tbs of hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- ½ cup (120ml) of water
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- cooking oil spray
- Cook noodles/pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste and water, simmer until the sauce thickens around the beef, remove and set aside.
- Wipe frying pan clean and spray with cooking oil spray, Add in the carrot, sugar snaps peas, and mushrooms and stir fry for a couple of mins
- Add back in the beef and the pasta/noodles and toss to coat and all heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 5.2gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 58mgSodium 835mgCarbohydrates 58.9gFiber 7gSugar 14.4gProtein 33.2g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.