Moroccan Chicken Casserole – Delicious hearty and wholesome casserole with the lovely flavours of Moroccan inspired spices.
This Moroccan Chicken Casserole is a family favourite and packed with flavour. All cooked in one pan, don’t you just love that kind of meals.
For casseroles, I prefer to use chicken thighs as I find the meat stays really moist and absorbs more of the flavour, than chicken breast.
If you prefer chicken breasts, you may want to reduce the cooking time to ensure it is not overcooked.
Cast Iron Cooking
I also love to use cast iron for these kinds of dishes. Cast iron is a great cooking vessel, as they can be used on the stove and transferred to the oven and I swear food tastes so much better.
Hey, have you ever cooked a steak in a regular pan and then cooked a steak in a cast-iron one. The difference is phenomenal. You just don’t get the same kind of sear and flavour with a regular pan.
Sides for Moroccan Chicken Casserole
This Moroccan Chicken Casserole is great served with this Roasted Butternut Squash Rice.
or for a healthier veggie-packed alternative, this goes really well alongside my Roasted Butternut Squash Cauliflower Rice.
More Chicken Recipes
Want some more chicken casserole recipes? check out all these delicious options:
- SMOKED PAPRIKA CHICKEN CASSEROLE (INSTANT POT, SLOW COOKER OR STOVE TOP)
- CHICKEN AND BAKED BEAN CASSEROLE
- MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- SLOW COOKED CHICKEN CASSEROLE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, raw
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 courgette (zucchini), halved lengthways and sliced
- juice of 1 orange (1 syn)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (3 syns)
- 300ml/1.25 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- cooking oil spray
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180c of 350f
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium high heat, add the chicken, onion, garlic and ginger and fry until lightly browned.
- Add all the spices and mix to evenly coat.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish with a lid. Add the vegetables, honey, juice and zest of one orange and the chicken stock and bake in the oven for approx 1-1 1/2 hours. Chicken should be cooked through but still tender.
- Season with salt and black pepper and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve alongside my Roasted Butternut Squash Rice or Roasted Butternut Cauliflower Rice and green beans or your own choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1 syn per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 6 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 6 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 6 per serving
- Whole30 - omit honey
- Gluten Free - use gluten-free stock
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 7.3gSaturated Fat 1.9gCholesterol 170.0mgSodium 495mgCarbohydrates 14.7gFiber 2.1gSugar 9.5gProtein 38g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.