A quick, easy, tasty Fruity Prawn Stir Fry with lovely fresh vegetables all on the table and ready in less than 20 mins.
Gotta love a stir fry and I make one at least once a week because they are super quick and can be easily varied by using different vegetables, protein and starch.
For today's yummy Fruity Prawn Stir Fry, my protein choice was some frozen raw shrimp that I had defrosted, a few cups of kale slaw vegetables (which is handy stir-fry bag mix I buy of shredded kale and broccoli stalks) I also julienned some carrot for a fleck of different colour in the stir-fry.
If you haven't yet got a julienne peeler in your cutlery drawer, you really should add one, they are super handy for quickly adding some veggie strands into stir-fries or salads.
That fruity sauce uses soy sauce, ginger, garlic fresh chilli and dried apricots. All cleverly pulsed in my KitchenAid Mini Food Processor, add this into the stir fry for an amazing burst of flavour through your stir fry.
This Fruity Prawn Stir Fry would pair perfectly with noodles, rice or even this delicious Egg Fried Rice or if you want to go a bit further with the speed foods, you could serve alongside this yummy Egg Fried Cauliflower Rice. I served this with some simple steamed Jasmine rice.
Love easy quick tasty meals like this Fruity Prawn Stir Fry? Check out some of these.
- Syn Free Spring Roll in a Bowl
- Low Syn Chinese 5 Spice Chickpeas
- Sticky Sriracha Mushroom Omelette
- Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta
- Syn Free Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice
- Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice
- Syn Free Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak
- Low Syn Stove Top BBQ Chicken
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredient, syn value etc
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Fruity Prawn Stir Fry?
- Measuring Scales
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug or Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- julienne peeler
- Mini Food Processor
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Low Syn Fruity Prawn Stir Fry
Yield 2 servings
A quick, easy, tasty Fruity Shrimp Stir Fry with lovely fresh vegetables all on the table and ready in less than 20 mins.
- 400g of raw large prawns (shrimp)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of fresh grated ginger root
- 3 tbs of soy sauce
- ½ tsp of Chinese five spice
- 3 dried apricots
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 cups of kale slaw (or shredded greens, like cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, julienne
- 4 spring onions
- cooking oil spray
- Add the soy sauce, water, apricots, Chinese five spice, ginger, garlic and ginger to a mini food processor and pulse until it resembles a thick sauce.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray. Add the kale slaw and carrot and fry for a couple of mins.
- Add in the prawn and sauce and continue to stir-fry until the prawns are cooked.
- Sprinkle with spring onions
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo (Whole30), Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 1.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 2 per serving
- Paleo/Whole30 - use coconut aminos and serve with cauliflower rice
- Gluten Free - use gluten-free soy sauce
Don't fancy prawns? Swap for chicken or another protein of choice
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 979 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25.2 g
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 36.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.