This was a dish I used to have regularly when I was at university. We would make a big tray of roasted veg, cook up some pasta and serve it in the middle of the table with a nice bottle of wine while we all dug in.
I still enjoy it now and my kids love it too. I think it is the sweetness of those yummy roasted caramelized vegetables.
Such beautiful colours too of all the healthy vegetables
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3 syns and 1 HEa per serving
Green – 3 syns and 1 HEa per serving
- 1 red pepper, chopped roughly
- 2 zucchini (courgette), halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced into medium size wedges
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 300g (10.5oz) of chopped butternut squash
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of butter (6 syns)
- 90g (3oz) of feta (2xHEa)
- 150g (5.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti (can use gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- Add all vegetables (apart from zucchini) tto the tray
- Sprinkle with mixed herbs, sea salt and spray with the spray oil
- Roast in oven for approx 1 hour until vegetables have softened and caramelized (add the zucchini half way through cooking time
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain.
- Add back to the pan with the lemon juice and butter and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide pasta among two plates, top with roasted veg and crumble the feta over the top.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.