Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- 400g of extra lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- heaped teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 500ml of beef stock
- freshly chopped coriander to serve
- salt and black pepper
- Pam or Frylight spray
* If you like your curries really hot a little bit of cayenne pepper works well or add some freshly chopped green chilli’s
Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some Pam or Frylight
Add the onion, garlic, carrot , celery and ginger and cook for approx 5 mins to soften.
Add the minced beef and cook until browned, breaking up large pieces with the back of a wooden spoon while it cooks.
Stir in all the spices (plus the green chilli’s if using) and tomato paste and mix to evenly coat.
Add the stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer until meat is cooked through and stock has reduced to a thicker consistancy – approxx 30mins
Stir in the peas at the last few minutes.
Serve topped with freshly chopped coriander and steamed rice.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: