This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
Sweet Corn Pilau Rice
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped coriander
- spray oil
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and cumin seeds and fry till softened
- Add the turmeric and rice and stir to coat, frying for 1 min
- Add the sweet corn
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduced heat and simmer until stock is almost absorbed (do not stir while cooking).
- Once stock is almost absorbed, add lid, remove from heat and leave for 10 mins (steam trapped underneath will continue to cook rice)
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper, sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander.
Your blog is amazing! I only cook your recipes and the variety you have shared is fantastic. Thank you so much for making my weight loss journey so easy. I never feel deprived and I don’t have to cook separate meals A my husband has loved every one of your recipes. You have one very grateful follower.
Julie Renwick says
If I wanted to do mushroom pilau would I just replace the sweetcorn with sliced mushrooms?
Siobhan (Slimming Eats) says
yes, but I would saute the mushrooms first to ensure they get a lovely colour.