Yummy chicken breasts filled with feta cheese and drizzled with a roasted red pepper sauce and served with my Roasted Butternut Squash and Rice plus some sauteed lemon and black pepper zucchini. Delicious!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Original/SP friendly – 1 HEa per serving (serve with my Roasted Butternut Squash and Cauliflower rice)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 90g (3oz) of Feta Cheese (2xHEa's) crumbled
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 2 roasted red peppers, jarred (in brine - no sugar/oil etc)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Place a chicken breast in between some plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin)
- Lay the chicken breast on plastic wrap, fill with half the feta cheese and using the cling film, roll up tightly), repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours , or even the night before (it will just firm them up slightly and hold them in shape).
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan with spray oil over a medium heat.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the chicken, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place on the frying pan and brown all sides of the chicken roll.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven for approx 15 mins till chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking you can make the sauce.
- Add the roasted red peppers, tomato paste, stock and paprika to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add to a small saucepan and heat till it thickens.
- Serve the chicken sliced and drizzled in the roasted red pepper sauce with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.