The Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken - For when you fancy pizza but don't have a Healthy Extra B choice free.
The Ultimate Pizza Chicken
Kids came home from school today and you can guess what they requested - PIZZA!! But what are you to do when you don't have your healthy extra b choice spare and don't want to use up lots of syns?
Make this Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken of course!!
Seriously this is all the good parts of a pizza, the sauce, that melted cheese, but instead of bread pizza base, a delicious tender seasoned chicken breast.
There is going to be none of that guilt of overindulging after digging into the delicious recipe.
The kids loved it, hubby loved it - we ALL loved it and we didn't even miss the bread base.
But if you do prefer a more traditional base for a pizza, don't forget to check out some of these:
- The Ultimate Pizza
- Breakfast Pizza
- Pulled Pork Pizza
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crust Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza
- Pizza Toasts
as well as these other pizza inspired recipes:
- Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- Breakfast Omelette Pizza
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Pizza Fries
- Hash Brown Waffle Pizza
- Fruit Pizza
- Pizza Topped Baked Sweet Potato
Homemade Pizza Sauce
For the amazing Pizza Chicken, the first thing to make is the pizza sauce. If you have a bit more time on your hands, make this amazing - Pizza Sauce. It's perfect to freeze too
But for a quick and simple option for this recipe we use, passata (crushed tomatoes), tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Just mix all ingredients together and it's done.
No Bread Base Pizza
The base is, of course, a delicious tender chicken breast which has been flattened. Just place the chicken breast one at a time in a ziplock back and flatten with a meat tenderizer.
Then you can season one side with just salt and black pepper, before adding them to a hot frying pan sprayed with cooking all spray and browning for about 2-3 mins, while that side browns, you can then season the top with another little salt and black pepper and spray over the top with a little cooking oil spray, before flipping over and browning the other side.
Finally, place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and top with the pizza sauce, and some mozzarella (or use a cheddar if you prefer) and it's time to place in the oven for about 10 -12 mins just to melt the cheese. If you like your cheese topping lovely and browned you can also finish off with a couple of minutes under the grill.
Topping Ideas for Pizza
I just stuck to a traditional pizza sauce and cheese topping for these Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken, but you could add some other pizza toppings of choice, like vegetables, pepperoni, olives, bacon, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple and ham etc.
Sides for Pizza Chicken
One question I get asked a lot is about my chips and the key to the ones you see served with the Pizza Chicken is the type of potato used. Yukon Golds are an amazing yellow flesh waxy variety of potato we get here on this side of the Atlantic and they requiring no parboiling. I just peel, add to the actifry with a spray of cooking oil spray and in 30-40 mins (depending on how full it is), they are done. I wait till they are cooked to season with salt. If you want to try a similar type of potato in the UK - look for the Elfe variety of potato.
A nice mixed salad is a perfect side to this Syn Free Pizza Chicken - I went for baby greens and beetroot. But you could add tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, onion, peppers, garlic too. If you choose some toppings for your Syn Free Pizza Chicken - pick some speed vegetables like mushrooms, peppers etc.
You can even enjoy this Pizza Chicken with just a salad or some of these Butternut Squash Fries for a lower carb alternative
Recipe Video for How to Make Pizza Chicken
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 4x small chicken breasts, flattened
- 100g (3.5 oz) of mozzarella, grated
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata (crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
- optional: ½ tablespoon of granulated sweetener if you prefer a sweeter pizza sauce. (I use erythritol)
- Preheat oven to 220c, fan 180c, 425f, gas mark 7
- In a bowl combine the passata, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, basil and oregano and set aside.
- Season one side of the flattened chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, one hot, add the flattened chicken breasts (2 at a time if needed - don't overcrowd pan if not big enough), seasoned side down.
- Season over the top with salt and black pepper, and spray the top with cooking oil spray.
- After 2-3 mins, flip the chicken over, should be nice and golden and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and grated mozzarella.
- Bake till cheese is melted and chicken cooked through (but still tender (approx 10-12 mins).
- If you want the cheese more golden, you can finish off under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides
Please see below for recipe values:
This recipe is gluten free friendly
- Slimming World - 1 Healthy Extra A per serving
- WW Personal Points: 3+ per serving (add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
Optional - add some additional pizza toppings of choice, like vegetables, pepperoni, olives, of different types of cheese (just adjust syn value for any toppings which are not syn free)
Try out my Homemade Pizza Sauce - in place of the quick pizza sauce as in this recipe.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 pizza chicken
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 9.8gSaturated Fat 3.4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 45mgSodium 385mgCarbohydrates 4.9gFiber 1.3gSugar 4.2gProtein 35.9g
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.