The Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken - For when you fancy pizza but don't have a Healthy Extra B choice free.
Kids came home from school today and you can guess what they requested - PIZZA!! But what are you to do when you don't have your healthy extra b choice spare and don't want to use up lots of syns?
Make this Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken of course!!
Seriously this is all the good parts of a pizza, the sauce, that melted cheese, but instead of bread pizza base, a delicious tender seasoned chicken breast.
There is going to be none of that guilt of overindulging after digging into the delicious recipe.
The kids loved it, hubby loved it - we ALL loved it and we didn't even miss the bread base.
But if you do prefer a more traditional base for a pizza, don't forget to check out some of these:
- The Ultimate Syn Free Pizza
- Syn Free Breakfast Pizza
- Low Syn Pulled Pork Pizza
- Sweet Potato Pizza Crust Recipe
- Syn Free BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Syn Free Roasted Vegetable Feta Pizza
- Syn Free Pizza Toasts
as well as these other pizza inspired recipes:
- Portobello Mushroom Pizzas
- Breakfast Omelette Pizza
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Pizza Fries
- Syn Free Hash Brown Waffle Pizza
- Low Syn Fruit Pizza
- Pizza Topped Baked Sweet Potato
- Low Syn Meatzza
For the amazing Syn Free Pizza Chicken, the first thing to make is the pizza sauce. If you have a bit more time on your hands, make this amazing - Syn Free Pizza Sauce, but there is also a nice quick and simple option too, using passata (crushed tomatoes), tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Just mix all ingredients together and it's done.
The base is, of course, a delicious tender chicken breast which has been flattened. Just place the chicken breast one at a time in a ziplock back and flatten with a meat tenderizer.
Then you can season one side with just salt and black pepper, before adding them to a hot frying pan sprayed with cooking all spray and browning for about 2-3 mins, while that side browns, you can then season the top with another little salt and black pepper and spray over the top with a little cooking oil spray, before flipping over and browning the other side.
Finally, place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and top with the pizza sauce, and some mozzarella (or use a cheddar if you prefer) and it's time to place in the oven for about 10 -12 mins just to melt the cheese. If you like your cheese topping lovely and browned you can also finish off with a couple of minutes under the grill.
I just stuck to a traditional pizza sauce and cheese topping for these Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Chicken, but you could add some other pizza toppings of choice, like vegetables, pepperoni, olives etc. Just make sure you syn any ingredients that are not syn free.
One question I get asked a lot is about my chips and the key to the ones you see served with the Syn Free Pizza Chicken is the type of potato used. Yukon Golds are an amazing yellow flesh waxy variety of potato we get here on this side of the Atlantic and they requiring no parboiling. I just peel, add to the actifry with a spray of cooking oil spray and in 30-40 mins (depending on how full it is), they are done. I wait till they are cooked to season with salt. If you want to try a similar type of potato in the UK - look for the Elfe variety of potato.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS SYN FREE PIZZA CHICKEN?
A nice mixed salad is a perfect side to this Syn Free Pizza Chicken - I went for baby greens and beetroot. But you could add tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, onion, peppers, garlic too. If you choose some toppings for your Syn Free Pizza Chicken - pick some speed vegetables like mushrooms, peppers etc.
You can even enjoy this Syn Free Pizza Chicken on a SP day, by serving with just a salad or some of these Butternut Squash Fries.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS SYN FREE PIZZA CHICKEN?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Watch for how to Make Syn Free Pizza Chicken:
Syn Free Pizza Chicken | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - ½ HEa per serving (or 3.5 syns if not using healthy extra)
- Original/SP - ½ HEa per serving (or 3.5 syns if not using healthy extra)
- WW Smart Points - 3
*suitable for freezing
- 4x small chicken breasts, flattened
- 100g of mozzarella, grated (2xHEa's)
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata (crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- ¾ tsp of onion powder
- ¾ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of dried basil
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
- optional: ½ tbs of sweetener (like sukrin: 1) if you prefer a sweeter pizza sauce.
- Preheat oven to 220c/425f
- In a bowl combine the passata, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, basil and oregano and set aside.
- Season one side of the flattened chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, one hot, add the flattened chicken breasts (2 at a time if needed - don't overcrowd pan if not big enough), seasoned side down.
- Season over the top with salt and black pepper, and spray the top with cooking oil spray.
- After 2-3 mins, flip the chicken over, should be nice and golden and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and grated mozzarella.
- Bake till cheese is melted and chicken cooked through (but still tender (approx 10-12 mins).
- If you want the cheese more golden, you can finish off under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides
Optional - add some additional pizza toppings of choice, like vegetables, pepperoni, olives, of different types of cheese (just adjust syn value for any toppings which are not syn free)
Try out my Syn Free Pizza Sauce - in place of the quick pizza sauce as in this recipe.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 pizza chicken
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.5 g
Saturated Fat 3.3 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 385 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 46.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.