Pizza news! Stop the press because Pizza Night is here. Take advantage of my ultimate syn free pizza recipe to create a tailor-made treat for you and the family.
I don't know about you, but my family are really particular about their pizza. They like good pizza. When you're doing Slimming World, that's one of the hardest things to give up, sure you can use wraps or whatever for the base, but it's just not quite the same, it doesn't hit the spot like a real pizza.
After spending a huge amount of time perfecting my Almost Syn Free Bagels, I began to think, wouldn't it be great if I could make a pizza base in a similar way.... So with some further experimentation, the Ultimate Syn Free Pizza Base was born (when using your healthy extra's for the base and cheese) My aim was to create a thin base that was crispy and tasted like a real pizza base, yet Syn Free. I have to say, the result is amazing.
Like I said at the beginning, my family are really fussy about eating great pizza and this Ultimate Syn Free Pizza absolutely blew them away. They were literally fighting over who gets how many slices. If they didn't know, there's no way they would be able to tell that this wasn't a traditional pizza base, it really is that good.
Luckily unlike my bagel recipe, the "dough" for this Ultimate Syn Free Pizza doesn't need to be left overnight, and for this, we are grinding the oats to a powder. (Don't worry, this is not a tweak. As oats are not a free food, they don't fall into the tweak category, because they are a measured allowance).
I use the cups of my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. to blend the oats. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget. You can also use a mini food processor to grind the oats.
You do need to leave the dough for about 30 mins though, before rolling out into your base.
To roll the base, you are going to need some parchment paper, because this dough is a lot wetter compared to a regular pizza dough.
Get one sheet of parchment paper big enough for your pizza base (this recipe will make a 9-inch pizza), spray it with spray oil, and then carefully spoon the dough onto the greased parchment paper with a spoon (try not to tough with your hands, as it's pretty sticky.
Spray over the top of the dough with more spray oil and then place another sheet of parchment over the top, and lightly flatten it down. Then you can use a rolling pin over the top sheet of the dough to make it into a rough pizza shape (I'm not fussy about a perfectly round pizza).
Once you have it rolled to an approx 9-inch pizza base, very slowly lift up the parchment paper, as it may stick in a couple of areas, but you can carefully use a silicone spatula just to ease it off where it may of stuck. But nice and slow is the key and it should come off fine.
If you want to neaten up the pizza base, you can use the spatula, just to push the rough edges in a little more, to make it more circular.
And the viola, the base is done. You can place in the oven at 200c/400f for approx 18-20 mins until lightly golden and firm and then it's time to add your toppings for the second bake.
For the first time around, I just went for a traditional cheese pizza, but you can go with any toppings you like.
Here are some suggestions for toppings:
(make sure you syn any toppings you use which are not free)
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella, could also add some olives for a few syns
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta, could also add some olives for a few syns
Don't have time to make my pizza sauce? No worries, I make a quick cheats version when rushed for time. Just use 1 cup of crushed tomatoes (or passata), 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, ¼ tsp of garlic powder, ¼ tsp of onion powder and ½ tsp of oregano. You can add a little sweetener to remove some of the acidity if you prefer, but it's optional. Taste test before adding it to the pizza. I don't add salt to it, as the tomato paste and passata usually have salt added, and with cheese and toppings, it's plenty. But again season to your taste.
If you do have time, make up a batch of my delicious Pizza Sauce - it's delish!!!
Want to make up some pizza bases to freeze?
I recommend baking to before the topping stage and then you can freeze these so they are ready to just add your toppings as and when you fancy this Ultimate Syn Free Pizza. If you make a few, be sure to add some greaseproof paper in between to prevent sticking.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS ULTIMATE SYN FREE PIZZA?
Toppings, toppings and more toppings - choose speed vegetables for your Ultimate Syn Free Pizza toppings and you will have this covered. A yummy mixed salad is also a perfect side to accompany this and if you like fries, how about some Butternut Squash Fries instead of my usual Syn Free Chips.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS ULTIMATE SYN FREE PIZZA?
- Mini Blender or Food Processor
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Parchment paper
- Rolling Pin
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 80g (2.8oz) of porridge oats (do not use ready brek)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g/3.5oz of Fat-Free Greek Yoghurt (must be Greek)
- 1 large egg
- Spray Oil
- Pizza Sauce - click for recipe or see notes for quick version
- 100g/3.5oz of mozzarella, broken into pieces - 2 HEa's
- fresh parsley or basil, chopped
- Optional - other toppings of choice (see suggestions)
- Add oats to a mini blender or food processor and pulse until a fine powder.
- Add to a bowl along with the baking powder and pinch of salt and mix
- Add the egg and yoghurt and fold until all combined.
- Set aside for approx 30 mins. (this helps the oats to soak and expand a little)
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper, big enough for a 9-inch pizza
- Spray on the parchment paper with spray oil and carefully spoon the dough into an equal ball on to the greased sheet.
- Then spray over the top with more spray oil and then place another sheet of parchment over the top.
- Gently flatten down and then use a rolling pin to roll over the top of the parchment paper until you have a rough 9-inch pizza base. (Do not handle the dough with hands you must use parchment paper)
- Very slowly and carefully, lift off the top parchment paper, you can use a spatula if any areas have stuck to carefully lift off the top sheet of parchment paper.
- Transfer the sheet of parchment paper with the dough to a baking tray. You can neaten up the pizza base with the spatula by pushing it inwards to make it more round.
- Bake for approx 15-20mins until lightly golden and firm.
- Add pizza sauce, mozzarella, fresh parsley or basil and place back in the oven for 10 mins until cheese is melted.
- Slice, serve and enjoy
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving (half a pizza)
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving (half a pizza)
- Original - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving (half a pizza)
- WW Smart Points - 10 ( for ½ pizza)
- Gluten Free - use gluten-free oats
2 tsps of baking powder are 0.5 syns - we only use 1 tsp for a whole pizza which serves 2, so for that the amount of baking powder used is negligible.
Not got time to make my syn free homemade pizza sauce? Use this quick method (1 cup of passata or crushed tomatoes, 2 tbs of tomato paste/puree, ¼ tsp of onion powder, ¼ tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp of oregano and sweetener to remove acidity is optional)
*SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ninja BL682UK2 1500W Food Processor with Nutri Auto-iQ
Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Gorilla Food Co. Gluten Free Pure Rolled Porridge Oats - 800g
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size ½ pizza
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 17.2gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 132mgSodium 922mgCarbohydrates 40.5gFiber 6.4gSugar 8gProtein 25.9g