Everyone loves pizza, and this delicious Syn Free BBQ Chicken Pizza will help curb the cravings.
I know there are some bread mixes that can be used as a Healthy Extra B and in turn can then be used to make a pizza base, but sometimes when you fancy pizza, you just don't want to be messing around making the crust.
That's where this yummy syn free bbq chicken pizza saves the day. Just use a pitta or wrap that qualifies as a Healthy Extra B choice and then all you have to do is decide on your toppings.
For the topping this time round I chose a BBQ chicken style pizza, nice and simple as I had a batch of my Syn Free BBQ Sauce made up and some cooked chicken in fridge.
But for a regular pizza, check out this amazing Pizza Sauce (that also works well for topping chicken or stirring into pasta)
Served with a mixed salad it made a perfect meal and totally curbed the pizza cravings I was having.
Below is a few suggestions for other toppings for your Syn Free Pizza Base (make sure you syn any synned ingredients you use):
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
There are many other variations you can try too on top of the suggestions above. You can also make it gluten free by choosing a Healthy Extra gluten free wrap and vegetarian friendly by choose vegetarian toppings.
and if you are looking for some other ideas for pizza, check out these Pizza Recipes
But if you want to recreate the exact pizza I made, then here is how:
Syn Free BBQ Chicken Pizza
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per pizza
- Green/Vegetarian - HEa and HEb per pizza (replace chicken with quorn or additional veg)
- Original/SP - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
- WW Smart Points - 11
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free wrap (HEb qualifying one)
- 1 Heb qualifying 60g/2oz whole wheat pitta or wrap
- 50g of mozzarella - 1 HEa
- Cooked Chicken - chopped
- Homemade Syn Free BBQ Sauce
- Chopped Green Pepper
- Sliced Red Onion
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Place Pitta or Wrap onto a baking tray
- Spread with the Homemade Syn Free BBQ Sauce
- Add the Cooked Chicken and brush over the top with the sauce
- Add the mozzarella and scatter with the red onion and green pepper
- Bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes until cheese is melted and golden
- (depending on toppings and base you use, baking time may taking slightly less or longer)
Variations - see post for other suggestions for toppings
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.6 g
Saturated Fat 7.3 g
Cholesterol 101.5 mg
Sodium 1247 mg
Total Carbohydrates 15.6 g
Dietary Fiber 10 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 45.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.