Everyone loves pizza, and this delicious Syn Free BBQ Chicken Pizza will help curb the cravings.
I know there are some bread mixes that can be used as a Healthy Extra B and in turn can then be used to make a pizza base, but sometimes when you fancy pizza, you just don't want to be messing around making the crust.
That's where this yummy syn free bbq chicken pizza saves the day. Just use a pitta or wrap that qualifies as a Healthy Extra B choice and then all you have to do is decide on your toppings.
For the topping this time round I chose a BBQ chicken style pizza, nice and simple as I had a batch of my Syn Free BBQ Sauce made up and some cooked chicken in fridge.
But for a regular pizza, check out this amazing Pizza Sauce (that also works well for topping chicken or stirring into pasta)
Served with a mixed salad it made a perfect meal and totally curbed the pizza cravings I was having.
Below is a few suggestions for other toppings for your Syn Free Pizza Base (make sure you syn any synned ingredients you use):
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
There are many other variations you can try too on top of the suggestions above. You can also make it gluten free by choosing a Healthy Extra gluten free wrap and vegetarian friendly by choose vegetarian toppings.
and if you are looking for some other ideas for pizza, check out these Pizza Recipes
But if you want to recreate the exact pizza I made, then here is how:
BBQ Chicken Pitta Pizza
Delicious pitta pizza with chicken, peppers and onion on a bed of barbecue sauce all topped with melted golden mozzarella.
- 1 low calorie wrap or pitta
- 50g of mozzarella
- ½ cup of cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup (60ml) of passata
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Place Pitta or Wrap onto a baking tray
- Combine the barbecue sauce and passata
- Spread over the pitta bread or wrap
- Add the Cooked Chicken to the top of the sauce
- Add the mozzarella and scatter with the red onion and green pepper
- Bake in the oven for approx 12 minutes until cheese is melted and golden
- (depending on toppings and base you use, baking time may taking slightly less or longer)
Please see below for details about recipe:
- WW Personal Points: add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free wrap
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 PIZZA
Amount Per Serving Calories 488Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 90mgSodium 867mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 35g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
Deborah Nicholson says
The web site looks good and the recipes look good