The best cauliflower pizza for those fakeaway nights without the guilt. The whole family will dig in and enjoy this one.
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable that can be used in a variety of different ways to create various replacements for higher carb food items.
I have tried a couple of different cauliflower pizza recipes, but as most use cheese in the base, that doesn't give you much cheese leftover for your topping, especially if you are trying to keep your syns low for other parts of your day.
This works really well, obviously, it isn't super crispy, like you would expect with a proper pizza dough, but it holds together well and is super yummy once you add all your toppings.
Firstly we can't have a pizza without an amazing Pizza Sauce - delicious, homemade and the best pizza sauce you will try.
Cauliflower is also a speed food on Slimming World, so just think of all those speed foods you are getting into your meal too.
For toppings, you can go with my suggestion of crumbled up homemade Pork Sausage Patties, spinach, mozzarella, the yummy pizza sauce or add your own choice of toppings.
Make a Hawaiian, Margherita, veggie or even barbecue chicken pizza. The variations are endless.
BELOW IS A FEW SUGGESTIONS FOR OTHER TOPPINGS FOR YOUR SYN FREE PIZZA BASE (MAKE SURE YOU SYN ANY SYNNED INGREDIENTS YOU USE):
- MARGHERITA: pizza sauce, topped with chopped fresh basil and mozzarella
- HAWAIIAN: pizza sauce, topped with ham, fresh pineapple and mozzarella
- BBQ CHICKEN: use my bbq sauce for the topping and add cooked chicken, red onion slithers and mozzarella
- PULLED PORK: Leftover stove top pulled pork with sauce, green peppers, red onion and mozzarella
- PEPPERONI: pizza sauce, topped with pepperoni (syns vary), oregano and mozzarella
- GARLIC MUSHROOM: Garlic Mushrooms (as on recipe) topped with mozzarella and fresh chopped parsley
- MEAT FEAST: pizza sauce with low syn sausage, ham, lean bacon, green peppers, onion, olives (syns vary) and mozzarella
- VEGGIE: pizza sauce, mushrooms, tomato slices, onion, grilled zucchini, red onion, corn and mozzarella
- INDIAN STYLE: leftover chicken curry topped with mozzarella and chopped coriander
- GREEK: pizza sauce, roasted veggies and feta
Best of all this pizza is totally gluten-free, so great if you can't eat gluten due an intolerance or allergy. It is also great for those who can't eat dairy if you skip the cheese on top.
On thing I do recommend is to make sure you line you baking tray with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, to ensure the base doesn't stick, this makes it super easy to flip over.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😘
- 1.5 cups/360ml Pizza Sauce
- 100g/3.5oz of mozzarella (2xHEa's)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, uncooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and black pepper to season.
- fresh basil or parsley, finely chopped
- homemade pork sausage patties
- fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Break cauliflower up into florets.
- Gradually adding to a blender, and pulsing until it is all finely chopped.
- Then put it on the blend cycle and blend until it resembles a really fine mix, kind of like a dough.
- Tip out onto some cheesecloth or a clean tea towel and squeeze thoroughly to remove all moisture.
- Add back to the blender with the 3 eggs, and blend to combine.
- Tip into a bowl and season with the garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and herbs
- Line a tray with some parchment (you can use a rectangle tray or around pizza tray). Spread the mixture out on the tray, you want the mixture to be even, not too thick and not too thin. Depending on your tray size, the mixture may actually fill two trays, I just used one large rectangle baking tray)
- Place in the oven and bake until the mixture if firm and golden (approx 30-40 mins)
- Remove from oven and spread with pizza sauce, topped with your choice of toppings and the mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake until cheese is golden and melted.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 6
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 507Total Fat 19.3gSaturated Fat 9.3gCholesterol 386mgSodium 713mgCarbohydrates 27.5gFiber 9.5gSugar 10.4gProtein 60.3g