This is a easy meal to make if you have some a batch of my yummy homemade pizza sauce made up. You can pretty much add any toppings of your choice and can even use regular baked potatoes, if you don't like sweet.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 2 syns per serving (syn free if you replace pepperoni with a syn free option)
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa per serving (omit pepperoni and use different veggies for topping)
NOTE: Different types of pepperoni can vary in syns, so be sure to check the value of the one you use.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
Pizza Topped Baked Sweet Potatoes
Easy to make pizza topped baked Sweet Potatoes great for lunch or dinner
- 2 small sweet potatoes, raw (approz 400g/14oz)
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 12 slices of pepperoni (or can use ham, bacon etc)
- 100g (3.5oz) of mozzarella, grated
- 100ml of crushed tomatoes (or passata)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste (puree)
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- pinch of chilli flakes
- pinch of granulated sweetener
- low calorie spray
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basIl
- Preheat the oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Combine the passata, puree, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, chilli flakes (if using) and granulated sweetener in a bowl
- Place sweet potatoes halves on a baking tray, spray over the top with spray oil, season with salt and bake for approx 35-45 minutes or until fork tender.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready, remove from oven, top with the quick pizza sauce, then red onion, mozzarella and then pepperoni (or other choice of topping)
- Place back in the oven and bake till cheese is melted and golden (approx 10-15mins)
- Season over the top with black pepper and some chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with your choice of sides. I like to serve with a mix salad.
Please see below for details about recipe:
- WW Personal Points: add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Vegetarian Friendly - omit pepperoni or use a vegetarian alternative
- Gluten Free Friendly - ensure pepperoni is gluten free (most are)
Need a quick pizza sauce? - If you don't have the homemade pizza sauce on hand, you can use some passata, mixed with a little tomato paste, oregano, garlic and onion powder. I just add about 4 tablespoons of sauce to each sweet potato.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eono by Amazon - Set of Six Stainless Steel Nestling Mixing Bowls (Matte and Mirror Finish) …
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
Wüsthof CLASSIC Santoku Knife
Parchment Paper Sheets
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 404Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 23mgSodium 917mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 9gSugar 13gProtein 16g
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
Wow, the loaded sweet potato looks delicious, and its making me feel hungry just looking at the photo!
Thank you very much for this recipe made it myself was brilliantly easy and tasty!
glad you enjoyed it. It is really yummy isnt it? and a nice change from normal jacket potatoes.
just made this and eating it now YUMMY! first time too that i've made something that actually looks as good as the picture provided 🙂