Delicious Cottage Cheese Pancakes - no healthy extras need for these. So perfect to enjoy any time of day.
These yummy pancakes are made using just a handful of ingredients - cottage cheese, coconut flour, eggs, baking powder, vanilla and sukrin.
Sukrin is a natural sweetener, and my prefer choice in baking items like this because it has no aftertaste. Feel free to substitute with any sweetener of choice.
Coconut flour is a great ingredient for low syn treats like this. Compared to regular flour, you need a lot less quantity because it is so fibrous, meaning you don't need to use as much as regular flour.
Perfect served just as they are with fresh berries or for a more decadent breakfast or dessert, a small drizzle of Maple Syrup for some additional syns.
You will need a blender to blend the cottage cheese until smooth. I use the cups of my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. If you have an immersion stick blender, that will work fine too.
Patience, however, is a must when making these, use a low heat, and don't try to flip until you see them almost set on top and then careful slide your spatula underneath and flip over.
Then you can repeat with the remaining mixture. I get 5 pancakes from the mix, but how many you get, will depend on how big or small you make these.
As these are made with coconut flour, these are also gluten-free (just check the brand of cottage cheese you use, as some may have a gluten added).
Want some more pancakes recipes? Check out some of these:
- Best Ever Low Syn Chocolate Pancakes
- Low Syn Crepe Style Pancakes
- Fluffy Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Low Syn American Style Pancakes
or don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World Recipes
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to these Cottage Cheese Pancakes?
Choose speed fruits to serve with the Cottage Cheese Pancakes, and your ⅓ speed foods are covered. Berries are a great choice – I love blueberries and raspberries. What are your favourite speed fruits?
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these Cottage Cheese Pancakes?
- Mini Blender or Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Shallow Frying Pan (I like to use a crepe pan, makes things like this easier to flip)
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- ½ cup (120ml) of cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tbs of coconut flour (2.5 syns)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tbs of Sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Fresh fruit of choice (I used mixed berries)
- Add the cottage cheese and eggs an to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add the dry ingredients and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Spray a skillet over a medium heat with some spray oil (it's important not to have pan on too high a heat)
- Pour a little bit of mixture on to the pan, as you see little air bubble appear on and it almost set on top, carefully slide a spatula underneath and flip to cook the other side.
- Patience is needed at this stage, as try to flip too soon and you will break up the pancake. When a spatula can slide under carefully, you know they are ready.
- Transfer to plate
- Repeat with some more mixture until all pancakes are cooked.
- Top with your choice of fruit
- Great with ½ tbs of maple syrup for an additional 1 syn
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
1.5 tsps of baking powder is less than 0.5 syns - so for that reason the amount of baking powder used in this recipe negligible.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 serving (pancakes only)
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 11.2gSaturated Fat 3.7gCholesterol 382mgSodium 776mgCarbohydrates 14.5gFiber 4.5gSugar 2.2gProtein 29.1g