Love Grapes? Love Chocolate? Then these Milk Chocolate Dipped Grape Popsicles are perfect!!
It's hard to find a name for these that won't cause a few giggles to all those corrupted minds out there. But there really is no other name for these, as they are exactly as named - yummy Chocolate Dipped Grape Popsicles.
One of my favourite syn free snacks, is frozen grapes, if you haven't yet tried those, then you need to pop some grapes in a freezer bag right now, as they are seriously mommy. Make sure you pick a seedless variety, as those are the best. I also prefer red over green grapes, but either are fine.
Once frozen they a become an amazing treat that will last longer and are super refreshing on a summer's day. Perfect for a movie night too.
However my kids like them one step further than just frozen. I skewer grapes onto wooden sticks, dip in melted chocolate, add a few sprinkles and they are like a healthier popsicle, that the kids go crazy for.
When I first made them, I figured they would be a no no on Slimming World and too high in syns, but working them out, they are actually within your daily syn allowance, so I can enjoy these as well as the kids.
Also don't stick to just milk chocolate, these would work with white chocolate or even dark chocolate, you can also swap the sprinkles for chopped nuts, crushed biscuits, or just keep them plain. Just make sure you adjust the syn value for any different ingredients you pick.
Once the chocolate is set, you can either enjoy these just as they are, or pop in a freezer bag and freeze, which is my favourite way to enjoy these, as they last much longer.
Love these? Check out some of my other yummy frozen treats:
- White Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt Bark
- White Chocolate Frozen Banana Popsicles
- Cookies and Cream Frozen Yoghurt
- Cake Batter Frozen Yoghurt
- Watermelon Ice Pops
- Strawberry Shortbread Frozen Yoghurt
- Peanut Butter Pretzel and Chocolate Chip Frozen Yoghurt
- Low Syn White Chocolate Frozen Yoghurt
- Raspberry Lemonade Popsicles
- 2 Ingredient Fudgsicles
- Raspberry Jelly and Blueberry
- Lime Chocolate Drizzle Popsicles
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
- 60 red seedless grapes
- 120g of milk chocolate
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of rainbow sprinkles
- 12 wooden skewers or ice pop sticks
- Make sure the grapes are washed and patted completely dry.
- Then carefully thread 5 grapes onto each skewer, making sure the top one isn’t skewered all the way through.
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a narrow jug or container and microwave at 15 secs intervals until you have a smooth melted chocolate sauce. If you don't have a microwave, you can place in a bowl over a saucepan of water on a hob (be sure the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- Dip each popsicle of grapes into the melted chocolate and hold it upside down making sure all excess drips off back into the container. Once no more drips off, you can sprinkle with a few sprinkles.
- Lie flat on parchment paper or stick in a make shift stand using polystyrene in a container.
- Repeat with remaining popsicles until all are dipped and then if you are enjoying frozen, place in the freezer on a parchment lined tray or let the chocolate set if enjoying not frozen.
- Get a piece of alluminum foil and roll into a firm ball and place in a bowl, you can use this to stick the skewers in to dry.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Once melted you can then lightly spread over the grapes using a spatula, or dip them, you will need a tall narrow vessel to pour the melted chocolate in to do this.
- Then holding the stick of the skewer, sprinkle your coating over the melted chocolate. Then stick them in the foil for the chocolate to set.
- Once set you can either eat as is, or for a yummy frozen treat, wrap them in some greaseproof paper and freeze.
- Perfect for adults and kids.
Variation: try dark or white chocolate and things like crumbled cookies or nuts for coating. But adjust syns accordingly
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 78.5Total Fat 4.6gSaturated Fat 3.1gCholesterol 2.2mgSodium 11.6mgCarbohydrates 9.4gFiber 0.6gSugar 9.6gProtein 0.9g