This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
We have had a couple of weeks of scorching weather here where I live in Canada and of course hot weather always brings out the cravings for ice cream. However ,most ice cream is pretty high in calories and although I have made quite a few different versions of frozen yoghurt, I really fancied something more creamy and then the idea popped into my head to freeze some banana’s on popsicle sticks, but to make them more decadent and like a treat, I thought these would be heavenly dipped in white chocolate and a few sprinkles.
Of course, the batch I made of these didn’t last long at all, as the sight of white chocolate and sprinkles meant the kids couldn’t wait to try these too.
They were such a huge hit and much healthier than most frozen tubs of ice cream.
Watch out for my next version of these coming soon to the blog with milk and dark chocolate for those who don’t like the sweetness of white chocolate.
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced in half
- 56g of baking white chocolate
- 4 teaspoon of rainbow sprinkles
- Push the half banana's onto popsicle sticks.
- Roll up 4 balls of aluminum foil and place in a small mug. Make little slits, so that you can stand up the popsicles.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl and heat at 10 secs intervals, stirring after each until melted.
- Using a spatula or silicone brush, coat the bananas in the melted chocolate.
- Then sprinkle each banana with rainbow sprinkles. Stand up on by sticking in the foil in the cups and leaving to set.
- Once set, transfer to a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and place in the freezer till frozen.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 POPSICLE
Amount Per Serving Calories 160Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 4mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 2g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.