This makes lovely dessert of treat for a cool summers day.
Cake batter flavoured ice cream is my favorite to choose when indulging in some icecream, especially from Cold Stone Creamery. So I was pleased to create a lower synned version that I can enjoy without breaking the daily syn allowance.
Don't forget to check out my various other frozen yoghurt recipes.
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 5.5 syns per serving
Green – 5.5 syns per serving
Original – 5.5 syns per serving
NOTE: You may need to adjust the syns according to the cake mix you use.
- 650g (23oz) of fat free vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 86g of betty crocker golden cake mix (16 syns)
- ¼ cup (60ml) of 2% milk (1.5 syns)
- 4 tsp of rainbow sprinkles (4 syns)
- Add all ingredients (except the sprinkles to a bowl) and whisk together until smooth.
- Add to an ice cream maker and turn on churning until it no longer turns. Divide into 4 equal sized servings and serve immediate each serving topped with 1 tsp of sprinkles.
- If not using all the frozen yoghurt, you can freeze in serving size portions, but take out and let to sit at room temperature for a little while until it become easy to scoop.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, this can be added to tub and place in the freezer, taking out at intervals to stir until you have a smooth frozen yoghurt.