Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake makes the perfect protein-packed lunch or snack on the go for your the entire family.
After a Sunday Roast Dinner or when I have made my delicious Slow Cooked Chicken, I often have some leftover chicken that I can use up in other recipes for the family to enjoy.
More often than not, it ends up thrown into one of these delicious recipes:
- SPICY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
- PEANUT CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD BOWL
- CHICKEN BUTTERNUT SQUASH COCONUT CURRY SOUP
- COCONUT CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO CURRY (INSTANT POT AND STOVE TOP)
- CHICKEN AND SWEETCORN LASAGNE
- CHICKEN AND LEEK SOUP
- CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
- CHICKEN AND NOODLE SOUP
- CORONATION CHICKEN
- BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
But occasionally I will make this Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake, it's so handy for just grabbing a slice to be eaten cold or warm with a nice salad.
Quinoa is a good source or protein as well as having lots of other healthy vitamins. It makes this bake really filling and satisfying.
I really love quinoa, it has a slightly nutty taste to it and is a great alternative to rice, couscous, pasta etc. Although it looks and tastes like a grain, it's actually a seed. It’s a great option for those who can’t tolerate grains or are gluten free due to an intolerance or other similar issues.
You should always make sure you rinse it under running cold water, before cooking, unless it states otherwise on the packaging, otherwise it can have an unpleasant bitter taste.
You can get various different colours of quinoa. I love to use the tricoloured quinoa in this Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake, as it adds lovely flecks of colour to the bake along with the delicious speed food zucchini (courgette).
Zucchini is probably one of my favourite speed foods. It's super quick to make and can be used in such a variety of dishes. These little Zucchini and Parmesan Quinoa Bites are another regular I like to make to have alongside some soup, as well as these Cheesy Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bites - yum!!
It's also great for a replacement for pasta if you have one of these handy vegetable spiralizers, which is an awesome gadget to have, especially if you struggle with veggies.
Another way I love to use zucchini, is as soldiers for my boiled eggs - who would have thought? Definitely me. I season with salt and paprika and bake until caramelized and use them instead of toast to dip in my eggs. You can even wrap them with some ham or bacon before baking in the oven. If you are short on time in the mornings, make them in advance and you can just heat as you need them.
I just use a grater for the zucchini and potato in this Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake, and then squeeze out any excess moisture, especially important with the zucchini, as otherwise, it can release quite a bit of water, which will prevent this from setting as it bakes.
You can really use any shaped dish you like to add all the ingredients to for the bake, but I like to use my quiche lorraine dish. It is a perfect size for the Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake and it looks pretty in the dish once all baked.
What Kitchen Items Do I need to Make this Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake?
- Quiche lorraine Dish (or similar ovenproof dish of choice
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Small Frying Pan
A perfect recipe for making in advance, for lunches through the week.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
- ½ cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of stock
- 120g of cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 small onion, halve and sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (courgette), grated
- 280g of grated white potato
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- 90g (4oz) of grated parmesan
- Spray oil
- Add the quinoa to a sieve and thoroughly rinse the quinoa under some cold water.
- Add to a saucepan with 260ml of stock, bring to a boil and then simmer, covered on a low heat, until all stock is absorbed. Turn off heat, but leave to sit covered for about 10 mins, the steam will continue to cook the quinoa resulting in quinoa that is light an fluffy. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan over medium-high heat, with some spray oil. Add the onion and fry until lightly golden. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the potato and zucchini.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a bowl, along with the chicken, onion, garlic, zucchini and potato. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the eggs and parmesan and mix to combine.
- Add to a greased round quiche type pan and place in the oven. Bake for approx 30-40 mins, until firm and lightly golden on top/
- Slice and serve with salad or your choice of side.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 8.4gSaturated Fat 3.8gCholesterol 117mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 21.9gFiber 3gSugar 2.8gProtein 17.6g