Sit down and enjoy a delicious bowl of this syn free Chicken and Vegetable soup
I don't know about you, but I love making soup, there is something comforting about homemade soup made from scratch, especially when it's packed with lots of good healthy ingredients.
For this Chicken and Vegetable Soup I like to make my own homemade chicken broth - you can use stock cubes etc if you prefer. But trust me when I say the homemade broth is worth the effort, for the amazing fresh taste you get. I make batches of the broth regularly and freeze so I always have some on hand in my freezer when I want to make soups like this.
You will also notice a pretty odd ingredient of fish sauce in the recipe, don't be put off by it, it adds amazing umami to this recipe. You won't taste fish, I promise. But if it really puts you off, omit it, but check the seasoning when ready, as you made need to add a little salt instead.
You can also add leftover cooked chicken to this if you have some, instead of having to cook the chicken from raw. I recommend making the veggie part of the soup first and then adding the chicken at the end till heated through if you do that.
I have made this Chicken and Vegetable Soup both stove top and in an Instant Pot , so I will post directions for both.
It is the best kitchen gadget I have purchased. I would even put it above my actifry and that's saying something. I love this thing so much, that I almost use it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
It seriously tops every kitchen appliance I have ever bought.
It is basically a 7in1 cooker, and it slow cooks, pressure cooks, saute's, has settings for soup, chilli, rice, porridge and even makes yoghurt (I haven't tried that yet).
If you buy one kitchen gadget this year, I really recommend the Instant Pot
Check out my other: Instant Pot Recipes
An amazingly delicious Chicken and Vegetable Soup which is perfect for those with allergens as it is gluten free and dairy free and also suitable for those doing paleo or Whole30.
Make me today!!
Extra Easy - syn free per serving
Original/SP - syn free per serving
WW Smart Points - 2
- 6 chicken thighs (or can use two cup of cooked shredded chicken, but don't add till end)
- 3 leeks, finely sliced
- medium onion, finely chopped
- large carrot, finely chopped
- medium zucchini (courgette)i, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 2 tsp of mixed herbs
- 1.5 litres/6.25 cups of [url:2]homemade chicken broth[/url] or use a stock of choice
- 2 tsp of fish sauce
- 2 tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with oil
- Fry the chicken thighs till golden and cooked through, remove, shred and set aside.
- Add the leeks, carrots, onion, garlic and garlic and fry to soften
- Add the zucchini, tomato paste, paprika, herbs, fish sauce and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for approx 30 mins.
- Add the chicken and continue to simmer till heated through.
- Season as needed.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full