A family favourite is the stove top carnitas by Melissa Joulwan – recipe here, I love that it is all cooked in one pan on the stove top and the end result is delicious. This recipe for Stove Top BBQ Pork takes inspiration from this.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole30, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 syn per serving
- 700g of Pork Shoulder, all visible fat removed
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup (120mls) of apple juice (3 syns)
- Roughly slice pork shoulder into big sized chunks, place in a bowl with the salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and tomato paste and mix to coat.
- Place pork shoulder in a deep frying pan, add the apple juice, vinegar and just cover with some water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat a little (you still want it to bubble slightly) and let it continue to do this until all liquid is gone and pork starts to caramelize, as it does this, you will need to keep turning over with some tongs.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.