Try out my Authentic Syn Free One Pot Nando’s Peri Peri Rice made using the freshest of ingredients to make it the perfect side for your Nando’s Fakeaway meal.
I think everyone loves Nando’s, I mean what’s not to love? That flame grilled Peri-peri chicken is what is loved by many of us, an amazing explosion of flavours on the palette.
But as well as that amazing chicken they also do some delicious sides, like their spiced rice and this Syn Free One Pot Nando’s Peri Peri Rice I have created here, is pretty authentic. It taste so good, you will want to eat it just as it is, and why not? Add some protein, like chicken or shrimp and there is no reason why you can’t turn this into a complete meal.
I use the freshest of ingredients to make an amazing paste that add’s the best of flavours to this rice. Fresh chilli, garlic, herbs, along with a blend of spices such as paprika, cumin and of course lastly that fresh citrus flavour of lemon juice and zest.
To make the paste I use for my Syn Free One Pot Nando’s Peri Peri Rice, you will need either a:
I have a granite one like this Andrew James Traditional Mortar and Pestle. I love it for making marinades for meats, or pastes for curries etc, as you start grinding all those spices, herbs etc, the aroma that comes out is enough to leave you salivating for dinner, before you even get starting cooking. There is something rather theraputic about grind all the spices too. Great for relieving some stress.
and pestle to grind all the ingredients up into that flavour explosion to add into the rice. If you don’t have either, you can just chop the ingredients really finely, but grinding them to a paste, really helps bring out all those flavours.
Wondering what you can serve with this Syn Free One Pot Nando’s Peri Peri Rice? It will totally complete your Nando’s fakeaway meal (and watch out for my full recipe coming soon).
or serve with one of these delicious recipes below:
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- Grilled Chicken Breast Stuffed with Mozzarella
- Syn Free Lebanese Chicken
- Syn Free Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Feta Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
- Garlic and Lemon Chicken
- Stove Top BBQ Pork
- Rosemary Garlic Steak with a Roasted Butternut Squash Feta Cheese Salad
- Black Pepper Chicken with Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
or head on over the my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc.
HOW CAN I ADD A 1/3 SPEED FOODS TO THIS SYN FREE ONE POT NANDO’S PERI PERI RICE?
There is already speed foods such as onion, peppers, tomato including in the rice, but when you want to add some more speed foods to your plate, a mixed salad would accompany this really well and you can literally included any speed salad vegetables of your choosing, such as lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, radishes etc or if you don’t fancy salad, make a tray bake of some roast vegetables, it’s a great way to use up vegetables that need to be cooked before your next grocery shop too.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS SYN FREE ONE POT NANDO’S PERI PERI RICE YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Mini Food Processor or Mortar and Pestle
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Syn Free One Pot Nando's Peri Peri Rice | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Slimming World and Weight Watcher friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
*suitable for freezing
- 1 cup of long grain rice, rinsed
- 2 cups of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1.5 tsps of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- small handful of parsley
- small handful of coriander (cilantro)
- juice and zest of half a small lime
- salt and black pepper.
- fresh coriander, to serve
- Add the chilli, garlic cloves, paprika, cumin, oregano, coriander, parsley, salt, black pepper, lime and zest and a little spray of cooking oil spray to a mini blender or mortar and pestle and grind to a paste.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the onion and fry for a few mins to soften.
- Add the peppers, and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add the rice, tomato and paste and stir to combine, just to coat the rice with the paste.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil and simmer until the stock is almost absorbed, then turn off the heat, add a lid and leave for 10 mins.
- Stir through some fresh coriander.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.5 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Sodium 42.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 44.6 g
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 5.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.