Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Original – 1 HEa per serving
- 500g of extra lean beef mince
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 126g of mozzarella, chopped into 6 equal sized chunks (3xHEa's)
- 1 cup of passata
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place the mince, garlic powder, onion powder, tomatoes paste, basil, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix to combine. Add the egg and mix well. Refrigerate while you make up the filling.
- Place the tomatoes, peppers, onion and splash of balsamic vinegar in an oven proof dish, spray over the top with low calorie spray and mix well. Place in the oven and roast until softened and caramelized. (approx 45 mins).
- Remove from oven and set aside, while you make up the meatballs.
- Divide the meatballs mixture into 3 equal sized pieces. Then then divide the 3 equal sized pieces in half. So you have 6 equal sized pieces.
- Take one of the pieces and flatten into a pancake shape and them form up into a bowl. Add a spoonful of the tomato and pepper mixture and one chunk of mozzarella and close up the meat around the filling, making sure it is firmly closed to avoid any of the filling leaking out and then shape into meatball.
- Place on parchment paper on a baking tray. Repeat for the 5 other meatballs. You will have some pepper and tomato filling left over, this will be used for the sauce.
- Spray over the top with a little low calorie spray
- Place the meatballs in the oven and bake for about 30 mins until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, add the passata, stock and remainder of filling to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the mixture back to the saucepan and keep it simmering on low until meatballs are ready.
- Serve the meatballs with the sauce and your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
You might also be interested in....
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.