Delicious Warm Asparagus and Prawn Salad - tender asparagus, Yukon gold potatoes and lemon butter prawns for a simple flavoursome salad.
I really fancied a light simple dish for lunch today and with some fresh asparagus in hand, was looking around for what I could pair with it for something delicious and healthy.
Lemon is always a great flavour for asparagus, is just has a lovely fresh sharp flavour and when you add some butter and garlic too - heaven.
Keeping it light for a nice springtime lunch, I grabbed some raw large prawns and some beautiful Yukon gold potatoes (my favourite) and got busy making a yummy warm salad.
Salads really do not need to consist of just boring salad leaves and not much else. I always love to make salads with all kind of different combinations. Makes it much more enjoyable, while still being healthy.
They also don't need to contain all cold ingredients. Yes, cold is good if you want it portable to take on a picnic or for lunch, but if you are at home and fancy something light, adding some warm or hot ingredients can really take it to a whole other level and it feels more filling too.
So for this warm asparagus salad, I parboiled the potatoes, just to make them a bit quicker to cook and made a yummy coating for the shrimp and asparagus using a combination of fresh lemon zest, proper butter, garlic and parsley.
Want some other delicious salad recipes, Check out these:
- Tuscan Chicken Salad
- Brussels Sprout Salad with Cranberries and Almond
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- Healthy Potato Salad
- Tuna Sweetcorn Salad
- Peanut Chicken Noodle Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Seafood Salad
- Curried Chicken Rice Salad Bowl
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Taco Salad Bowl
- Chicken Caesar Salad
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming Eats and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients
Kitchen Items Use for this Warm Asparagus and Prawn Salad:
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Jug
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Large Frying pan
- Mixing Bowl
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😘
- 400g (14oz) of Yukon Gold Potaotes (or similar yellow potato), peeled and chopped
- 200g (7oz) asparagus, trimmed
- 200g (7oz) of large shrimp
- 1 tbs salted butter
- 1 tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- lemon zest and juice of half a lemon
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan with water
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender (approx 10 mins in total), drain and set aside
- Mix together the butter, garlic, lemon zest and parsley
- Bring some water in a shallow frying pan to a boil, you want just enough water to cover the asparagus, once it starts bubbling, drop in the asparagus and cook for approx 2-3 mins, until it goes bright green but remains tender (don't over cook). Drain and instantly add to a bowl of ice cold water to prevent it cooking any further.
- Spray a frying pan with some cooking oil spray, add the potatoes and fry until lightly golden on the outside. You can also place the frying pan under the grill for a few mins to really brown the top of them (but make sure you frying pan is suitable for under the grill)
- Add in the shrimp, asparagus and butter, and toss to coat, continue to fry until the prawns (shrimp) are cooked through
- Squeeze in the juices of half a lemon, toss again and season well with salt and black pepper
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Total Fat 7.7gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 167mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 37.9gFiber 7.5gSugar 4.6gProtein 25.4g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.