For the guacamole fans who want to save the syns, this Pea Guacamole is the ultimate side for all your Mexican main dishes.
If you love heaps of avocado or guacamole like me, then you will know on Slimming World it comes with a few syns. However, it is not quite as high as you might think, but if you like to save your syns for that evening treat, then you might be reluctant to use your syns on this yummy healthy ingredient.
Before I go onto the recipe, I must mention this useful little post I did about Avocado on Slimming World which covers it's syn value and also has some amazing ideas of how to incorporate it into your meals.
However if you really don't want to use syns on avocado, this Pea Guacamole is the perfect recipe for you. Serve it slathered on toast and top with a fried or poached egg or alongside some salsa with a healthy extra b choice of crispy whole wheat pita.
It is perfectly yummy in a burger too, there are so many different combinations, you could even stuff a chicken breast with the some of this and a little bit of cheese.
Either way you don’t have to skimp on the portion with, as this entire recipe is SYN FREE, or if you do add the little bit of optional avocado for a little more creaminess, just 1 syn per serving.
Wondering what other amazing things you can pair with this Pea Guacamole? How about some of these yummy recipes:
- Crispy Cheddar Pita Chips with Guacamole and Mango Salsa
- Mango Salsa
- Corn and Tomato Salsa
- Low Syn Pineapple Mexican Pork Carnitas
- Syn Free Lentil Cheddar Sweetcorn Bake
- Syn Free Mexican Pasta Bake
- Mexican Barbecue
- Mexican Lentil Bake
- Low Syn Spicy Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Syn Free Spicy Mexican Chicken Lasagne
- Pasta Chicken Enchiladas
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes?
To make this Pea Guacamole I use my KitchenAid Mini Food Processor to pulse the ingredients as you want the peas, almost puree like, for that yummy creamy texture.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Syn Free Pea Guacamole?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 cup (150g) of frozen peas (defrosted)
- half a small jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ of a small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- small handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 vine tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup (4 tbs) of quark
- juice of a half a lime
- salt and black pepper to season
- 50g of Avocado, roughly mashed - 4 syns
- Place the jalapeno, red onion, garlic, coriander, tomato and lime juice in a mini food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add to a bowl
- Add the peas and quark to the mini food processor and pulse until creamy
- Add into the bowl
- If using the optional avocado, roughly stir this into the mix
- Mix to combine
- Season as need with salt and black pepper.
- Store in a lidded tub in the fridge.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - Syn Free per serving (or 1 syn per serving if adding the avocado)
- WW Smart Points - 0 (or 1 per serving if using the avocado)
Optional: add more chopped jalapeño if you like spicy.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 55Total Fat 0.3gSaturated Fat 0.1gSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 8.6gFiber 2.3gSugar 3.3gProtein 5.2g