Super easy to make Oven Baked Crispy Cheddar Pita Chips with Guacamole and Mango Salsa - the perfect dipping plate.
Occasionally when I have a healthy extra a and b choice spare. I will make this for lunch, it feels like a real treat but is completely on plan and almost syn free, apart from the small amount of syns in my pea guacamole.
If you double or even triple up the recipe too, it is great for a sharing platter with friends for a movie night etc.
As well as my Pea Guacamole and Mango Salsa, these also go really well with my Roasted Sweet Potato Hummus.
I use 2 Joseph Bakery whole wheat pita bread, which is 1 healthy extra b choice in Canada or the USA, choose a similar qualifying item in the UK or elsewhere.
Find me ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE, come and follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES 🙂
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Crispy Cheddar Pita Chips with Guacamole and Mango Salsa
- 60g (2oz) HEb whole wheat Pita Bread (1 HEb) or use an HEb wrap
- 30g (1oz) of cheddar (1 HEa)
- cooking oil spray
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Using a knife or kitchen scissors, cut the pita bread in half so you have two equal sized rounds or ovals. Then cut each round into rough triangle shapes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, and scatter the pita chips on the tray.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and season with a little sea salt
- Place in the oven and bake until crisp and golden (approx 8-10 mins)
- These don't take very long to go golden, so keep an eye on them, as they can burn quickly otherwise.
- Serve on a plate with my pea guacamole and salsa or other choice of dips/sides
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 HEa and HEb per serving
- Green – 1 HEa and HEb per serving
- WW Smart Points -
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Leave a Reply