The beautiful vibrant colour of turmeric makes this delicious and healthy Low Syn Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
Ever heard of golden milk? A delicious comforting hot drink that is well known for it's health benefits. Combining Turmeric, cinnamon, ginger honey or maple syrup and milk (can even a use dairy free milk). It supports healthy digestion along with aiding good liver and immune system function. It sounds like a strange combination but it's actually a really lovely drink.
So with that in mind I thought why can't there be a Yummy Golden Cauliflower Soup using similar ingredients? It just seemed like a perfect combination. Finishing the soup off with those roasted paprika carrots, took it to a whole other level.
For the creaminess to the Golden Cauliflower Soup I use a little coconut milk, you really don't need much at all because blending the soup already makes it lovely and smooth, the coconut milk just adds that additional bit of silkiness and deliciousness to the flavour.
Making those roasted carrots for the topping to the Roasted Cauliflower Soup was just a genius last minute idea. Whenever I have soup, I always feel like it needs to have bread or similar with it, so including an additional ingredient like that really makes it much more exciting and filling. It doesn't have to be vegetables either, it can be lentils, rice, beans, or even some sausage, chicken etc.
To blend the Roasted Cauliflower Soup so it is nice and smooth, I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget.
Love soup recipes like this? Check out some of these other delicious soup recipes:
- Syn Free Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup
- Syn Free Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Syn Free Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Syn Free Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Syn Free Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- Courgette and Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Syn Free Split Pea and Bacon Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn values etc
Got some leftover cooked chicken? Then if you are not vegetarian, this is Golden Cauliflower Soup is delicious with some roasted chicken added to the top along with the carrots, add a good source of protein and makes it feel like a complete meal.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Golden Cauliflower Soup?
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife or chopping knife
- Baking Tray
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
Yield 4 servings
The beautiful vibrant colour from turmeric completes this delicious and healthy Low Syn Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tsps of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 3.5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (120ml) of light coconut milk - 4 syns
- salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking oil spray
- fresh chopped coriander
For the carrots:
- 3 carrots, sliced into discs
- pinch of paprika
- sea salt
- ¼ cup of apple juice - 1.5 syns
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add the carrots to a bowl, add the paprika, salt and apple juice and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 minus until golden and tender.
- While the carrots are roasting.
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and fry until translucent. Add in the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute
- Add in the turmeric, cumin, and pinch of cayenne, plus a little bit of the stock and stir until well combined and almost like a paste.
- Stir in the cauliflower florets and then pour in the stock, bring to a boil and then simmer approx 15 mins until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add it all to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add back to the pan and stir in the coconut milk till creamy and smooth.
- Season as need with salt and black pepper.
- Serve topped with the roasted carrots.
Optional: add some protein to the top too like cooked chicken or chickpeas
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 per serving
- Original/SP - 1.5 per serving
- WW Smart Points - 2
- Green/Vegan/Vegetarian - use vegetable stock and serve with carrot slices only
*suitable for freezing - recommend only adding roasted carrot slices upon serving
Light coconut milk can vary in syns, so double check the one you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving (with roasted paprika carrots)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.6 g
Sodium 629 mg
Total Carbohydrates 18.6 g
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 5.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.