A beautiful bowl of Courgette and Yellow Split Pea Soup
I love the flavour in this delicious Courgette and Yellow Split Pea Soup and it is really filling and comforting, so I great meal for a cold winters day. Although it can certainly be enjoyed any time of year.
Yellow Split Peas are a great item to have in your store cupboard, they are budget friendly and are perfect for adding into soups like this. They are a great source of fibre and vitamins and have a delicious nutty sweet taste.
This Courgette and Yellow Split Pea Soup could also be cooked in an Instant Pot if you have one.
If you haven't heard of an Instant Pot you are seriously missing out. It is the best kitchen gadget I have purchased. I would even put it above my actifry and that's saying something. I love this thing so much, that I almost use it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
It seriously tops every kitchen appliance I have ever bought.
It is basically a 7in1 cooker, and it slow cooks, pressure cooks, saute's, has settings for soup, chilli, rice, porridge and even makes yoghurt (I haven't tried that yet).
Check out my other: Instant Pot Recipes
This Courgette and Yellow Split Pea soup is also gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian friendly.
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 225g of yellow split peas, dry
- 1 litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Place yellow split peas in a bowl or saucepan, cover with about 4 cups of water, and leave to soak overnight.
- When you are ready to make soup, drain and thoroughly rinse the yellow split peas and set aside.
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium high heat with spray oil add the onions, garlic , carrot, courgette (zucchini) and celery and cook until softened.
- Stir in the split peas, cumin and coriander and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a low heat, then cover and simmer for approx 50 mins, until split peas are nice and tender.
- Serve as is, or if you prefer a smoother soup you can add to a blender.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watcher friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle smart points - 2
- Gluten Free - use gluten free stock
Instant Pot - Follow recipe as per instructions, fry vegetables using saute function, add all other ingredients and cook using soup function (30 mins), allow a natural pressure release.
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 0.7gSaturated Fat 0.1gCholesterol 5mgSodium 1019.7mgCarbohydrates 20.8gFiber 7.2gSugar 3.4gProtein 7.1g