Delicious Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup - a family favourite I have been making for years.
Although soups tend to be made more frequently in the winter, this soup is one I love to make any time of year. Great one for making a huge pot of and freezing some portions for another day. I like to have at least one tub in my freezer at all times.
It has the lovely natural sweetness from the sweet potato, carrots and red pepper with the spicy kick from the cayenne and a delicious combination of flavours from the added spices.
Doesn't it look beautiful when served up with a sprinkling of coriander?
When I make soups like this Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup, I tend to prefer it to have little bites of the vegetables, rather than completely smooth.
So I just very roughly blend with an immersion blender like this handy Koölle Electric Powerful 3-in-1 800 Watt Hand Stick Blender below, once cooked:
I literally just add the stick blender into the soup for a couple of seconds, that's all it needs, to thicken it, while still being able to taste those lovely chunks of vegetables.
However, if you prefer a soup that is completely smooth, by all means, add it all into a blender and blend to your desired consistency.
Trying an SP day? Swap out the sweet potato for butternut squash, both are very similar - sweet potato is just a little more starchy and this is SP friendly.
This syn free Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup is a perfect meal in a bowl. So filling and comforting, especially on a cold, winters day.
It freezes perfectly too, so is great for a batch cooking day, if you want to get some soups made up to freeze. I love having my freezer stocked with tubs of things like this, you never know when you might need to grab something for a quick meal on a busy day.
Don't forget to tag me if you make this soup @slimmingeats on Instagram, so I can see your pictures.
If you would like some more recipes like this, make sure to check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World Recipes to choose from.
Are you vegan? you will be pleased to know this Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup is vegan-friendly and you can find many more here: Vegan Slimming World Recipes.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 litre (4 cups) of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Finely chopped coriander
- Spray a large deep saucepan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add onion, garlic, cumins seeds and turmeric and fry for a few mins to soften.
- Add carrots, red pepper, cumin, coriander, paprika and pinch of cayenne and stir well to coat
- Add in the stock and sweet potato
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour until all vegetables are softened
- Roughly blend the soup with a stick blender, (you don’t want to over blend, as the soup is delicious with some chunks of vegetables)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve topped with fresh coriander
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 1 per serving
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 21mgSodium 1052mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 3g