Dig into a hearty bowl of Syn Free Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup - a delicious, healthy and flavoursome soup that is perfect any time of year.
There is something just super comforting about a bowl of soup don't you think? It's a great way to get a load of healthy vegetables into your day, especially if you are one who struggles with those speed foods.
With a huge selection of soup recipe right here on the blog, you never need to be stuck for choice for ones to choose from. Some of my absolute favourites are:
- Syn Free Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Curried Butternut Squash and Brown Rice Soup
- Syn Free Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Syn Free Instant Pot Turkey Taco Soup
- Syn Free Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Syn Free Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Syn Free Bacon and Lentil Soup
- Syn Free Tomato and Pasta Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming World recipes.
If you add rice, pasta or beans to soup along with the vegetables and some additional protein like chicken it is a really filling bowl of soup.
This delicious Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup has shredded chicken, kale, carrots, celery, and white beans along with the perfect blend of seasoning for that Tuscan style flavour.
Got a HEa spare? then a few shavings of parmesan added to this Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup takes it to a whole of level.
It's also perfect for freezing, so you could double up the recipe, so that you have plenty leftover to freeze.
We recently got an upright freezer for in the garage. We had a chest freezer before and it was so annoying trying to find things, you don't even know what is in there half the time. Now everything is all organized which means I can grab a tub of something out of the freezer with ease. I also bought some containers like these Lock and Lock Storage Containers - they are perfect for storing soups to freeze and hold enough for about 2 servings.
Make up a pot of this Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup today and enjoy for lunch or even dinner.
TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS TUSCAN CHICKEN AND WHITE BEAN SOUP YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING KITCHEN ITEMS:
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
- Dutch oven or oven proof casserole pot
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 250g of carrot, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 6 cups (1.5 litres) of chicken stock
- lemon zest
- 300g of chicken thigh or breast (uncooked)
- 2x 440g cans of Great Northern Beans (or other white beans)
- 4 handfuls of kale (hard stalks removed)
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper to season
- for the tuscan seasoning:
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- ½ tsp of onion granules
- ¼ tsp of rosemary
- ¼ tsp of oregano
- ¼ tsp of basil
- ¼ tsp of red and green bell pepper flakes (optional)
- Spray a large pot over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 5 min
- Add the garlic, tuscan seasoning and stir to coat.
- Pour in the stock, a little lemon zest and add in the chicken
- Bring to a boil and cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add in white beans and simmer for an additional 10 mins, then using a masher, roughly mash up some of the beans (this thickens the soup slightly.
- Shred the chicken and add back into the soup along with a few handfuls of kale and stir until the kale is just wilted down a little.
- Season as needed with a little salt and black pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!!
Got a HEa spare and fine with dairy? Serve with a little grated parmesan.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 2.4gSaturated Fat 0.7gSodium 536mgCarbohydrates 37.4gFiber 11.4gSugar 3.2gProtein 27.6g