Delicious Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles - ready from wok to bowl in less than 30 mins
I love the flavors in this dish, fragrant ginger, with the saltiness from the soy sauce and sweetness of mirin. You don't need jarred sauces to make delicious stir fry dishes. Just basic ingredients can make a really tasty stir fry dish like this Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles.
Pair your favourite vegetables into this Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles to up those speed foods, I love shredded cabbage, broccoli slaw or carrot which I make into little ribbons using my julienne peeler.
Egg noodles are my preferred choice for this Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles. but you can also use a gluten-free noodle of choice, along with a gluten-free soy sauce.
Love quick noodle dishes like this? Check out some of my other noodle dishes:
- Thai Chicken Noodles
- Low Syn Sweet Chilli Prawns and Noodles
- Asian Chicken with Noodles
- Garlic Sesame Carrot and Noodles
- Hoisin Pork and Noodles
- Syn Free Chicken Singapore Noodles
- Syn Free Chilli Beef Noodles
- Quick Sweet Chilli Prawns and Noodles
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, syn value, ingredients etc
Can I enjoy this Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles on a Slimming World SP day?
Swap out the egg noodles for something like spiralized butternut squash, swede or even zucchini and this would be perfect on a SP day. I use my countertop spiralizer like this one below:
which is perfect for spiralizing various vegetables. It’s super useful to have, for making meals interesting when you want to increase your speed foods.
If you don't fancy chicken, feel free to swap for fresh salmon or shrimp or even pork. It really is a versatile dish that the whole family will love. You could even just use vegetables for a meat-free dish - yummy
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE this Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles?
- Measuring Scales
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring jug or Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife
- Frying Pan
- Wooden Spoon
- julienne peeler
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 200g/7oz boneless skinless chicken thigh (or breast)
- 1 tbs of fresh grated ginger root
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 120g of noodles
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 150g of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 tbs of cornstarch - 1.5 syns
- 1 tbs of maple syrup - 2 syns
- 1 tbs of dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs of light soy sauce
- ½ cup (120ml) of water
- black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Combine the water, starch, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan over a medium high heat and spray with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chicken and fry until slightly golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spray wok with some more spray oil and add the red onion and mushrooms and cook for approx 5 mins.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, along with the carrot and sauce, stir heat until sauce starts to thicken
- Add the noodles and stir to evenly coat.
- Season with black pepper and sprinkle with spring onions.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 2 syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 8 per serving
- Gluten Free - use gluten free soy sauce
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 410Total Fat 5.2gSaturated Fat 1.1gCarbohydrates 65gFiber 4.7gSugar 12.8gProtein 29.4g