Dig into a super quick bowl of Chilli Beef Noodles - a delicious Asian inspired dish with a spicy kick.
This is definitely one of my go-to recipes when I want a super quick dinner on the table. It's a great dish to make with ground beef veering away from the usual spaghetti bolognese or chilli con carne.
It has a lovely spicy kick from the fresh chilli and the use an of chilli paste called Sambal Oelek, it's rather unique, but you can buy it at most big grocery stores or Asian supermarkets or even on Amazon.
For the noodles I use either rice noodles (which are a great gluten-free option) or spaghettini and very thin type of pasta, similar to regular spaghetti, but much thinner.
I add a teeny bit of sugar just to balance out the heat or if you prefer you can replace with sweetener.
Once you try this Chilli Beef Noodles, you will come back to it again and again.
This Chilli Beef Noodles is easily adaptable too, use different types of ground meat - such as chicken or pork, or you can even use strips of chicken, beef, pork and lastly even shrimp. The flavours will pair well with almost any type of protein.
For paleo friendly - this Chilli Beef Noodles also works really well swapping out the regular noodles for veggie noodles. My favourite vegetables to use are spiralled butternut squash or rutabaga/swede. To cook the veggie noodles, spray a pan with some spray oil and saute for about 8 mins on a medium heat with salt and black pepper until tender or if you are lucky enough to be able to source some spaghetti squash, that is a vegetable which is perfect for this dish as the strands almost resemble rice noodles and have a lovely bite to them.
To spiral the vegetables, I have a good quality spiralizer like this Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer
It's a very useful kitchen gadget to have for spiralizing all different shaped fruit and vegetables and makes it much more fun for adding speed foods to your meals and boosting your weight loss.
If you struggle with veggies, it's a great kitchen gadget to have.
Love noodles dishes like this Chilli Beef Noodles? Check these other delicious noodle recipes:
- Thai Chicken Noodles
- Sweet Chilli Prawns and Noodles
- Asian Chicken with Noodles
- Garlic Sesame Carrot and Noodles
- Hoisin Pork and Noodles
- Chicken Singapore Noodles
- Hoisin Chicken with Noodles
- Spicy Opo Squash Soup with Noodles
- Ginger Chicken with Mushrooms and Noodles
- Ginger and Garlic Shrimp with Noodles
- Quick Hoisin Beef Noodle Stir Fry
and don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes to browse through.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE CHILLI BEEF NOODLES?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Deep Frying Pan
Don’t forget to subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND DON’T FORGET TO TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM AND DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW SLIMMING EATS ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES 🙂
How to Make Chilli Beef Noodles:
- 200g extra lean ground beef (mince)
- 120g of rice noodles (or use spaghettini)
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce (use tamari or coconut aminos in place of all the soy sauce to keep this gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar - or can use sweetener
- 1 red chilli (deseeded), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chilli pepper paste (sambal oelek)
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- spray oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Remove, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with some spray oil. Add the mince, red chilli, onion, ginger, garlic, red pepper and green pepper and fry until mince is browned.
- Add the chilli paste, both soy sauces and sugar and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add in the noodles and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 3.8gSaturated Fat 1.4gCholesterol 58mgSodium 1.821mgCarbohydrates 67.6gFiber 3.7gSugar 12.1gProtein 28.4g