Delicious Chicken Singapore Noodles - a curry flavoured noodle dish with tender pieces of chicken and vegetables that will become a regular on your meal plans.
Calories per serving: 227
Singapore Egg Noodles Recipe
Singapore Noodles has to be one of my favourite noodle dishes ever. I love the flavours of curry and I love noodles, so it's a definite winner for me and my version of this popular recipe will not disappoint. It's will impress your palate with the explosion of taste once you dig into a bowl of this dish.
Traditionally Singapore Noodles is usually served with vermicelli (rice noodles), but for my version of this recipe I prefer to use egg noodles, I just think they work amazingly well in this dish.
What is Sambal Oelek?
I also use Sambal Oelek for that punch of chilli flavour, a chilli paste which is popular in Asian style cooking. Available on Amazon, most large supermarkets or check out your local Asian grocery store. I always have a jar of this in my fridge and add to a variety of different stir fry dishes - Another of my favourites is this Chilli Beef Noodles.
If you can't get you hands on this however, you can use a pinch of chilli flakes or even some sliced fresh red chilis.
Protein to add to Singapore Noodles
For the protein base, I liked to use chicken thighs, they stay nice and tender and really take on all those flavours from the spices. But pork, or prawns (shrimp) are also a great option.
If you prefer chicken breast over thighs, then feel free to make the swap, just be aware that it will not take as long to cook.
A vegetarian option would be to just double up on the vegetables, but for additional protein a meat substitute like quorn is a good choice.
What Vegetables can I add to Noodle Recipes?
In this Singapore chicken noodles I add peppers, onion and spring onions, along with carrot, mushrooms and ginger and garlic.
But really you can add a variety of different vegetables to any noodle dish. Some great options are:
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Mange Tout (Snow Peas
- Baby Corn
- Shredded Cabbage
Best Curry Powder for Singapore Noodles
For these Singapore noodles I like to use a Malaysian Curry Powder which you purchase online from various places including Amazon. But if you struggle to find this I recommend using a Medium or Madras Curry Powder for flavour.
More noodles recipes
Looking for some other noodle recipes? Check out these:
or for more recipes, head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes and can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
All with estimated calories and Slimming World and Weight Watcher Smart Points values.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs (270g/9.5oz), trimmed of all visible fat and sliced into strips
- 100g (3.5oz) of dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon of Malaysian Curry Powder (or just use medium curry powder if you can’t get this)
- 2 teaspoons of Sambal Oelek (chilli paste) - or use a pinch of chilli flakes if you can't get this.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 100g (3.5oz) of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 small carrot, grated into long strips
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener (I use a erythritol based one)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a wok over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek and fry until lightly browned. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, to make a little sauce around the chicken.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the wok clean, then spray with some more cooking oil spray and add all the vegetables, fry for approx 4 mins. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sweetener.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Add the noodles and chicken into the pan with the vegetables with the chicken and mix to combine all ingredients.
- Spray a small wok or frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil and add the beaten eggs.
- Cook until it starts to set and then break up with a wooden spoon.
- Add this into the noodles and toss to combine.
- Serve in bowls topped with spring onion.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 5 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 4 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 4 per serving (1 if you use a purple friendly noodle)
- Gluten free - use gluten free rice noodles and soy sauce
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING - defrost overnight in fridge and then reheat in microwave or a wok until heated through.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wüsthof CLASSIC Santoku Knife
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 13, Durable 304 Stainless Steel 5 Measuring Cups and 5 Measuring Spoons with 2 O Rings and Magnetic Measurement Conversion Chart
All Clad Non Stick Pan Set
Huy Fong Foods Inc., Sambal Oelek, Ground Fresh Chili Paste, 8 oz (226 g)
Sharwood's Medium Egg Noodles, 375 g
Organic Malay Curry Powder
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 5.6gSaturated Fat 1.5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 35gCholesterol 142mgSodium 590mgCarbohydrates 24.8gFiber 2.3gSugar 4.6gProtein 19.4g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.