Delicious Courgette and Parmesan Pasta - a simple quick pasta recipe with spiralized courgette.
Cheesy Courgette Pasta
Gotta love a quick pasta recipe you can throw together in minutes and that include some healthy vegetables for an easy lunch or dinner and this Courgette and Parmesan Pasta will not disappoint.
Doing an mix of both spiralized vegetables as well as pasta, make the meal feel more filling as it will bulk it out into a more nutrient dense meal.
If you struggle with adding enough vegetables to your plate, spiralizing your vegetables is a great way to make them more interesting. Carrot, squash, celeriac, courgette, swede are all great vegetables to spiral in place of some pasta or noodles in any dish.
You can get various different vegetable spiralizers, handheld for stick shaped vegetables and then counter top versions which will generally spiralize any shape of vegetable so the best option to go for if you the the space. They are much more sturdy too.
For the flavour, I took inspiration from my Delicious Carbonara using just some fresh garlic, and then a base sauce/coating using egg yolks, parmesan and good ole pasta water. Cheesy, garlicky, healthy goodness.
Substitute for Parmesan
Don't like parmesan, then no worries, any melting cheese is perfectly find in this recipe. But for flavour I recommend something like a white cheddar.
If you prefer you could add a couple of tablespoons of light cream cheese instead. All equally delicious.
More Quick Recipes
Love quick recipes like this? Check out these recipes all ready in 30 minutes or less:
- GINGER CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS AND NOODLES
- QUICK CREAMY PASTA
- FRUITY PRAWN STIR FRY
- PORK MEATBALLS WITH SPICY PINEAPPLE SAUCE
- SPRING ROLL IN A BOWL
- QUICK LEFTOVERS CURRY
- CHINESE 5 SPICE CHICKPEAS
- ORANGE GINGER CHICKEN FRIED RICE
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes all with estimated calories and you can search by ingredients, course, diet and more.
Come and follow me on:
You can also Subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some support on your weight loss journey? Maybe you need advice or tips on a recipe, or just general meal ideas.
- 400g courgette (zucchini) - spiralized
- 120g of pasta (dry) - I used bucatini
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 30g of parmesan
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup of reserved pasta water
- sea salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- chopped fresh parsley
- Add the spiralized courgette to a sieve and place over a bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt and set aside while the pasta cooks (this will help draw out some of the liquid).
- Cook pasta according to package directions (reserving a ⅓ of cup of pasta water, once cooked). Drain and set aside.
- Rinse the courgette thoroughly under running water, and then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the crushed garlic and just sautéed for 1 minute to infuse the flavour.
- Add in the spiralized courgette and a pinch of black pepper. Sautéed for 2 mins
- Whisk the egg yolk with the parmesan and reserved pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta into the frying pan.
- Add the egg parmesan mixture, remove from heat and toss to coat.
- Season as needed and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 7.8gSaturated Fat 3.7gCholesterol 103mgSodium 368mgCarbohydrates 55.7gFiber 2.9gSugar 3.5gProtein 15.7g
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.