This Syn Free Quick Creamy Pasta is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner and combines just a few ingredients for a tasty flavoursome dish.
Occasionally I just want a quick simple meal that I can put together in minutes for days like to today when I'm super busy and rushing around.
There is nothing worse than being super hungry and having nothing prepared and the last thing you want is to be standing in the kitchen chopping up loads of ingredients for a meal, as chances are you will just grab something unhealthy a convenient instead.
This Quick Creamy Pasta is one of my go-to lunchtime meals when I'm having one of those days. I can quickly combine the ingredients for the sauce while the pasta cooks and so it really only takes the time for the pasta to cook. Can't complain there can you?
Making a syn free creamy sauce like in this Quick Creamy Pasta means using some quark, which is not to everyone's taste, but I find combining it with the few other ingredients as in this recipe, takes away some of that sour taste and adds lots of yummy flavour, while saving all my syns and healthy extra's to be used elsewhere in the day.
As much as I love proper cheese, sometimes I want to use my healthy extra A choice on something else, so when I fancy creamy without the syns this is perfect.
Love quick easy recipes like this? Check out some of my other ready in less than 30-minute recipes:
- Syn Free Spring Roll in a Bowl
- Low Syn Mongolian Beef
- Low Syn Chicken in Sun-dried Tomato Creamy Sauce
- Low Syn Satay Beef and Vegetables
- Creamy One Pot Pork Pasta
- Syn Free Pizza Chicken
- Syn Free Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Rice
- Orange Ginger Chicken Fried Rice
- One Pot Creamy Yellow Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot New Orleans Cajun Pasta
- Low Syn Stove Top BBQ Chicken
- One Pot Creamy Cheesy Leek Pasta
- Pork Meatballs with Spicy Pineapple Sauce
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients and syn value etc
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Syn Free Quick Creamy Pasta?
I like to serve with a just a simple mixed green salad and baby cucumbers, as it's nice and quick, but you could add some vegetables into the pasta too if you prefer.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Syn Free Quick Creamy Pasta?
- Measuring Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 75g/2.5oz of fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 2 slices of ham, chopped
- 2 tbs of quark
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and black pepper to season
- reserve 3 tbs of pasta water
- Add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot salted water and cook till al dente
- While pasta it cooking, add the quark, egg yolk, onion powder, garlic powder and dried parsley to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain (reserving 3 tbs of pasta water
- Stir in the ham to the pasta
- Add the reserved pasta water into the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add the sauce into the pasta and stir continuously on a very low heat till creamy
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - Syn Free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 10 per serving
optional: add some grated parmesan as part of your HEa
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 7.1gSaturated Fat 2.3gCholesterol 199mgSodium 490mgCarbohydrates 56.7gFiber 2.9gSugar 3.3gProtein 15g