This Quick Creamy Pasta is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner and combines just a few ingredients for a tasty flavoursome dish.
Easy Quick Pasta Recipe
Occasionally, on hectic days, I just want a quick and effortless meal. It's frustrating to feel super hungry and realize there's no prepared food. The last thing I want is to spend time chopping ingredients in the kitchen, as that often leads to choosing something unhealthy and convenient instead.
That's when I turn to this trusty Quick Creamy Pasta. It's my go-to meal for those busy moments. I can swiftly prepare the sauce while the pasta cooks, and it all comes together in no time. It's a convenient solution that keeps me satisfied without the hassle.
Calories in Quick Creamy Pasta
This Quick Creamy Pasta serves four people and has 393 calories per serving (no sides).
If you're looking for more recipes within the same calorie range, you'll find an abundance of options in my dedicated collection of 300+ calorie recipes.
If you're following a calorie-controlled diet or a healthy eating plan, it's important to calculate your daily calorie intake using a reliable calorie calculator. Please note that the calorie counts provided are estimates and can vary based on specific ingredients and serving sizes. Personalizing your calculations is essential to meet your individual needs. By using a calorie calculator, you can make informed choices and stay on track with your dietary goals.
Ingredients for Quick Creamy Pasta
To prepare this dish, here are some notes on the ingredients used:
- Pasta: I use fusilli for this recipe, but you can also use any shape of pasta for this dish. Gluten free pasta is okay to use too.
- Ham: lean ham, diced into pieces, you can use any kind you like, thin or thick sliced or even some leftover cooked ham pieces if you have some.
- Seasonings: for added flavour I use a simple blend of garlic powder, onion powder and dried parsley
- Quark: this is a low fat soft cheese
- Egg Yolk: combined with the quark yields a creamy sauce.
- Pasta Water: It's the secret ingredient to almost any pasta dishes. Save the starchy water from your cooked pasta – it's like liquid gold. This elixir helps sauces cling to the pasta, creating a creamy, flavorful harmony in every bite.
- Salt and Pepper: These essential flavour enhancers play a crucial role in elevating the taste of your dishes. We use them to season the steak bites and recommend using them to season the final dish to taste as well. They ensure your food is never bland when used appropriately.
- Low Calorie Spray: use your preferred brand. I opt for olive oil or avocado varietie with no emulsifiers.
- Fresh Parsley - adds a pop of colour to garnish
Substitutes/Variations for Quick Creamy Pasta
Wondering what swaps or variations you can make on the recipe? Here are some suggestions:
- Other proteins: You can swap the ham for cooked bacon, chicken or even some prawns (shrimp)
- Make it Vegetarian: omit the ham and add in some sauteed mushrooms or use some vegetarian sausage or veggie bacon.
- Add some veggies: spinach, mushrooms, peas, roasted peppers, and cherry tomatoes – make fantastic additions to this speedy pasta dish. Given the quick cooking time, it's best to sauté or fry them first. This step ensures they're cooked just right and brings out their flavours before incorporating them into the creamy pasta sauce
- Swap the quark: can't find quark or not a fan? Low Fat Cream Cheese will work as a swap.
- Add some cheese: stir in some grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano for extra flavour.
Sides for Quick Creamy Pasta
To keep this meal quick and straightforward, I like to serve it alongside a salad of baby greens with a light vinaigrette dressing. It's a perfect pairing, but you can also consider these additional options for side dishes:
- Mixed Steamed Vegetables: Steam a mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots for a low-calorie, nutritious side that pairs well with pasta.
- Sautéed Spinach: Quickly sauté fresh spinach with a touch of garlic and lemon juice for a light and healthy side.
- Sauteed Courgette/Zucchini: Saute courgette with a bit of olive oil spray, garlic, and cherry tomatoes.
- Roasted Asparagus: Roast asparagus spears sprayed witholive oil and a sprinkle of lemon zest for a flavorful yet low-calorie accompaniment.
- Mushroom Medley: Sauté a variety of mushrooms with garlic and a sprinkle of fresh herbs for a savoury and low-calorie side.
- Sliced Bell Peppers: Serve colorful sliced bell peppers with a light dipping sauce like hummus or this ranch dressing
- Cherry Tomato Salad: Toss some cherry or baby roma (grape) tomatoes with fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, and a little drizzle of olive oil for a flavourful and low-calorie option.
These vegetable-based side dishes are not only low in calories but also add freshness and help bulk out your plate to create a filling meal.
More Low Calorie Quick and Easy Recipes
Are you in search of more Quick and Easy recipes? Look no further! Here are some great choices below:
- One Pot Cowboy Rice
- One Pot Creamy Harissa Beef Pasta
- Easy Creamy Chicken Ranch Pasta
- Hoisin Pork and Noodles
- One Pot Coconut Chicken Curry Rice
or if you would like more recipe ideas or sides to make with this recipe - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more.
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 75g (2.5oz) of fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons of reserved cooked pasta water
- 2 slices of ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of quark
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 large egg yolk
- salt and black pepper to season
- low calorie spray
- Add the quark, egg yolk, onion powder, garlic powder and dried parsley to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Per packet directions, cook the pasta in boiling hot water seasoned with salt. Reserve the specified cooked pasta water. Drain and spray with low calorie spray, toss to coat to prevent it from stick together.
- Stir in the ham to the pasta
- Add the reserved pasta water into the sauce and whisk to combine.
- Add the sauce into the pasta and stir continuously on a very low heat till creamy
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free pasta
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 448mgSodium 621mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 25g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.