Yummy Baked Strawberry Cheesecake - a simple cheesecake recipe topped with deliciously sweet fresh strawberries
Slimming World Friendly Cheesecake
Before my diet days I used to make the most divine tasting Baked New York Style Cheesecake, with a chocolate swirl. It was pure heaven.
So today I wondered if I could maybe make a really low synned version in some way. So off I went on my little experiment in the kitchen.
I totally blame the artistic streak in me, incase you didn't know, my background is art, my degree was in fine art, so I suppose the creative side had to come out in my cooking somehow, right? It means I am regularly testing out new ideas for recipes and the ones that work and pass the family taste test of course end up right here on Slimming Eats.
Okay this Baked Strawberry Cheesecake is not as good as the real thing, don't make this thinking it is going to compare to an amazingly delicious slice of cheesecake one might find at the ever so famous Cheesecake Factory, but that said, it is pretty darn amazing for the small amount of syns for one slice when you really fancy cheesecake but do not want to blow you daily syns allowance.
Hey if you kept your meals all syn free for the day, you could actually enjoy two slices of this Baked Strawberry Cheesecake, and still be under your daily syn allowance, now how is that for amazingness?
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Looking for some more dessert recipes to try? Check out thee
- Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Low Syn Chocolate Mousse
- Best Ever Low Syn Chocolate Pancakes
- White Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt Bark
- S’mores Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffins
- Baked White Chocolate Rice Pudding
- Baked Oreo Cheesecake
- Pineapple and Coconut Weetabix Cake
- Low Syn Toffee Banana Chocolate Weetabix Cake
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
- 8 digestive biscuits
- ½ tbs of butter
- 280g (9.5oz) of fat free cottage cheese
- 200g (7oz) of fat free strawberry yoghurt
- ¼ cup (4 tbs) of Sukrin:1 (or another sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbs of cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups of strawberries halved
- Preheat oven to 165c or 325f
- Line a 7inch spring form pan with a round disc of parchment paper (this helps it sticking on the Bottom and then grease all over with some spray oil.
- Add the cookies to a ziplock bag and bash with a wooden rolling pin until fine crumbs and add to a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix this into the cookie crumbs until well combined.
- Add to the bottom of the spring form pan and push down nice and firm with a spoon. Spray oil the top with spray oil.
- Add the cottage cheese, yoghurt, and sukrin: 1 to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add to a bowl and whisk in the eggs, then whisk in the cornstarch until mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour mixture into the spring form pan and bake for 50 mins.
- Turn off oven, slightly open door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour too cool down.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
This recipe is gluten free vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 5 syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 5 per serving
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free cookie of similar syn value and ensure cornstarch is gluten free.
Note: Syns/Points can vary depending on the yoghurt and cookie you choose to use. So adjust syns accordingly.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
7 Inch Springform Cake Tin, Non Stick Cake Pan/Cheesecake Cake Tin/Springform Pan with Removable Bottom, Fits 5, 6, 8 Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (18cm)
Salter Digital Kitchen Weighing Scales – As Seen on TV, Stylish Slim Design Electronic Cooking Scale for Home + Kitchen, Weigh Food 5000g + Liquids in ml and fl. Oz. – Black
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 slice (⅙th of the cheesecake)
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 6.5gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 64mgSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 19.9gFiber 2gSugar 9.3gProtein 9.8g