The ultimate Slimming World Low Syn Chocolate Pancakes - created for all the chocolate lovers out there, myself included
How is it, I haven't yet created chocolate pancakes? I am kind of embarrassed about that, I mean I just LOVE chocolate and why it never occurred to me until now, to make a chocolate version is beyond me. It just seemed totally fitting this weekend, especially with Pancake day almost upon us.
But today it was all about the Chocolate Pancakes and boy did that get the attention of the kids, they were hovering over me the whole time I was making these, as if they had never been fed, unpatiently waiting for me to make these up, photograph and let them dig in. My little taste testers I suppose you could call them.
When I placed the plate of the table, I wish I had of photographed their faces. These were a huge hit, all kinds of yummy words were spoken after every biteful. They totally loved them. I literally had to fight the fork off them to get a taste myself and they are just what I had hoped for, yummy chocolate goodness. Totally will hit the spot of any chocolate craving.
For the pancake mix, it is pretty close to my American Style Pancakes, which I first posted on here many years ago now, but obviously a couple of additions to make them chocolatey. I use unsweetened cocoa powder (as it's so low in syns and you only need a tablespoon) and then to sweeten some sukrin:1 (my favourite choice of sweetener, it is natural and has no aftertaste)
For toppings, it is totally up to you, I went for some fat free vanilla yoghurt (inbetween each pancakes) and then added some fresh raspberries to the top and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot for that extra chocolatey taste.
This amazing plate of Chocolate Pancakes is actually a one person serving using your HEb and a few syns, but they are pretty filling, so you could split them into two servings and have them spaced up in the day if you want or syn a couple.
These Chocolate Pancakes are also gluten free and vegetarian-friendly.
How will you serve yours?
Best Ever Low Syn Chocolate Pancakes
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per serving
- Green - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per serving
- Original - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 10
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats and baking powder
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of fat free vanilla yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of baking soda - 0.5 syns for both
- ¾ tbs of sukrin:1
- 1 level tbs (5g) of unsweetened cocoa powder - 1 syn
- Add oats to blender and blend until fine
- Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix to combine
- Whisk in the eggs, yoghurt, sukrin:1 and cocoa powder until a smooth batter.
- Heat a non stick crepe or frying pan over a low heat (do not have pan too hot)
- Once heated, spray with oil and spoon some of the mixture onto the pan (I cook approx two pancakes at once (don't overcrowd or they will be hard to flip)
- Once you see little bubbles start to appear on the top, they should be ready to flip, you can test by carefully trying to slide a spatula underneath, they will lift easy if they are done, if not, leave them a little longer.
- Flip and cook other side, spray pan again and then repeat with remaining batter, until all batter is gone.
- I got 5 pancakes from the mixture, but how many you get will depend on how much you spoon on at a time.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Syn value of cocoa powder can vary from brand to brand. The three brands I use are 100% cocoa powder (not Dutch Processed) and are 1 tbs for 20 calories (1 syn).
You should always double check the syn values of items which are synned, as brands can differ.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.5 g
Saturated Fat 4.8 g
Cholesterol 375 mg
Sodium 746 mg
Total Carbohydrates 33.7 g
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 21.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.