The ultimate Slimming Eats Chocolate Pancakes - created for all the chocolate lovers out there, myself included
How is it, I haven't yet created chocolate pancakes? I am kind of embarrassed about that, I mean I just LOVE chocolate and why it never occurred to me until now, to make a chocolate version is beyond me. It just seemed totally fitting this weekend, especially with Pancake day almost upon us.
But today it was all about the Chocolate Pancakes and boy did that get the attention of the kids, they were hovering over me the whole time I was making these, as if they had never been fed, unpatiently waiting for me to make these up, photograph and let them dig in. My little taste testers I suppose you could call them.
When I placed the plate of the table, I wish I had of photographed their faces. These were a huge hit, all kinds of yummy words were spoken after every biteful. They totally loved them. I literally had to fight the fork off them to get a taste myself and they are just what I had hoped for, yummy chocolate goodness. Totally will hit the spot of any chocolate craving.
For the pancake mix, it is pretty close to my American Style Pancakes, which I first posted on here many years ago now, but obviously a couple of additions to make them chocolatey. I use unsweetened cocoa powder ( and then to sweeten some sukrin:1 (my favourite choice of sweetener, it is natural and has no aftertaste)
For toppings, it is totally up to you, I went for some fat free vanilla yoghurt (inbetween each pancakes) and then added some fresh raspberries to the top and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot for that extra chocolatey taste.
This amazing plate of Chocolate Pancakes are pretty filling, so you could split them into two servings and have them spaced up in the day if you want.
These Chocolate Pancakes are also gluten free and vegetarian-friendly.
How will you serve yours?
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of fat free vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener
- 1 tablespoon of 100% cocoa powder
- Add oats to blender and blend until fine
- Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix to combine
- Whisk in the eggs, yoghurt, granulated sweetener, cocoa powder until a smooth batter
- Heat a non stick crepe or frying pan over a low heat (do not have pan too hot)
- Once heated, spray with oil and spoon some of the mixture onto the pan (I cook approx two pancakes at once (don't overcrowd or they will be hard to flip)
- Once you see little bubbles start to appear on the top, they should be ready to flip, you can test by carefully trying to slide a spatula underneath, they will lift easy if they are done, if not, leave them a little longer.
- Flip and cook other side, spray pan again and then repeat with remaining batter, until all batter is gone.
- I got 5 pancakes from the mixture, but how many you get will depend on how much you spoon on at a time.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 381mgSodium 815mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 23g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.