Summer holidays have started here in Canada, so I thought it would be great to take the kids strawberry picking while they are still in season. The strawberries grown here are so lovely and sweet, and we filled 5 containers for just $10 which was great.
Of course next morning I just had to make a yummy breakfast where we could enjoy them, so decided on some french toast. I have been loving using Sweet Freedom Choc Shot as a low calorie chocolate flavour, so added it to the egg mixture to make a delicious chocolate french toast to compliment the fresh sweet strawberries.
I had so many strawberries that I also decided to make up a strawberry sauce which I could add to my french toast or American Style Pancakes or that the kids could spoon on top of some ice cream.
- 120g (4oz) (4 slices) of whole wheat bread, sliced in half
- 4 tsp of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot Syrup
- ⅓ cup (120ml) of 1% milk (or use a dairy free milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 200g (7oz) of fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of icing sugar (for dusting)
- low calorie spray
- fresh strawberries for serving
- Add the Choc Shot syrup, milk and eggs to a shallow dish and whisk till all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the bread to the dish and allow it soak up all the mixture
- In the meantime add the strawberries to a sauce pan and heat over a medium high heat, until the strawberries start to break down into a sauce. Add the maple syrup and continue to heat till it becomes syrupy, remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over a low/ medium heat. Spray with with spray oil and then add the soaked bread slices and cook till browned on each side.
- Plate up, dust each serving with ½ a tsp of icing sugar. Then spoon on the strawberry sauce.
- Serve with some more strawberries on the side.
You can use a reduced sugar chocolate syrup in place of the sweet freedom choc shot
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 397Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 374mgSodium 436mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 7gSugar 21gProtein 23g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.