I love rice pudding and oatmeal, and this delicious Coconut Quinoa Pudding Breakfast Bowl is a great alternative that doesn't use your allowance.
Quinoa is also high in protein so will keep you fuller for longer. This rice pudding is delicious and creamy and is great served as a dessert or even for breakfast.
Using a non-dairy milk makes this Coconut Quinoa Pudding Breakfast Bowl a perfect recipe for vegans. I love the nutty flavour of quinoa, it makes a delicious side to savoury dishes in place of regular rice or pasta.
Got a bag of quinoa lurking in your pantry? Check out some of these other delicious Quinoa recipes:
- Chicken Quinoa Meatballs in a Veggie Sauce
- Greek Style Quinoa Pots
- Crab and Quinoa Cakes
- Chicken, Zucchini, Parmesan and Quinoa Bake
- Zucchini and Parmesan Quinoa Bites
- Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto
- Apple and Cheese Quinoa Bites
- Beef Quinoa Bites
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Quinoa Burgers
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 500+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes to choose from and all are searchable by, meal type, ingredients etc.
How can I add a ⅓ vegetables to this Coconut Quinoa Pudding Breakfast Bowl?
The easiest way is by choosing lots of yummy speed fruits to top you yummy Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with - go for the same berries as I have choosing or another great option is chopped pear or apple.
What kitchen items do I need to make this Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Pudding Bowl?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 1 cup (240ml) of uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups (480ml) of water
- coconut milk - or another milk of your choosing
- sukrin: 1 sweetener (or another sweetener of choice)
- fresh fruit (pomegranate, raspberries, blueberries)
- 5g of sliced almonds
- vanilla extract
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
- Add to a saucepan, and cover with the water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is almost absorbed, then turn off heat and leave covered for about 12 mins, then fluff with a fork.
- To make the breakfast bowl. Add a ⅓ of the cooked quinoa to a saucepan over a low heat, cover with ½ cup (120ml) of coconut milk (as part of your HEa) or other milk of choice (almond and cashew milk are other great options).
- Sweeten to taste with the sukrin (or another sweetener of choice) and add a drop of vanilla extract (¼ tsp)
- Stir until warmed and creamy.
- Top with the fresh fruit and sliced almonds.
- Store the remaining two servings of quinoa in a lidded container in the fridge to use for breakfast over the next few days. Will keep about 3-4 days.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 8.9gSaturated Fat 2.2gSodium 21.3mgCarbohydrates 49.9gFiber 8.7gSugar 6.9gProtein 9.6g