Bread pudding meets s'mores for this delicious dessert that is lighter on the calories and that the whole family can enjoy!
This is the very first installment of my #treattuesday– a yummy dessert recipe I plan to give you every Tuesday.
If any of you have been to the USA, you will of probably heard of a s’more. Delicious graham crackers, filled with chocolate and toasted marshmellows (kind of like a sweet sandwich). The toasted warm marshmellow melts the chocolate and well you guessed it - the result is heaven!!
So here we have my S’mores inspired bread pudding and it really is yummy. I didn’t add anything else to mine as it was delicious just as it is, but if you want to make it more decadent, you could add some fruit (banana would pair well) and maybe even some cream.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 4 slices of low calorie bread
- 2 tablespoons of nutella
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of Almond milk (sweetened) or
- 30g (1oz) of large marshmallows, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Warm nutella in microwave at 10 sec intervals until runny.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 teaspoon of chocolate spread.
- Spray an oven proof dish with spray oil.
- Roughly chop up bread and place in the oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the almond milk and vanilla extract and pour oven the top.
- Leave for a few mins to soak in.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 20-30 mins, until breading pudding is set and slightly crisp on top.
- Scatter with the marshmallow pieces and place under the grill until marshmallows on top are toasted and melted.
- Serve immediately while still warm.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 186mgSodium 212mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 10g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.