Pineapple and Coconut Weetabix Cake - yummy!!
These delicious cakes are just great served with a cuppa.
Have one for breakfast, a snack or even dessert.
I hope you are rushing to make me right now!!
Looking for more weetabix cakes?
How about this Toffee and Banana Weetabix Cake
Pineapple and Coconut Weetabix Cake
- 3 weetabix
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp of allspice
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract
- ¾ cup (180ml) of fat free Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) of no calorie sweetener (I used erythritol)
- low calorie spray
- 2 teaspoons of icing sugar for dusting
- some fresh pineapple
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f
- Add 4 silicone muffin cases to a tray and spray with low calorie spray
- In a large bowl, crush the weetabix until it resembles crumbs. Add the all spice, shredded coconut and baking powder and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt, sweetener and coconut extract and fold into the weetabix mixture.
- Pour the cake in 4 large grease silicone muffin cases (or you can make one large cake, but pouring mixture into a standard round sponge tin)
- Bake in the oven for approx 30 mins (may take slightly longer if making as a whole cake), a skewer entered into the centre of the cake should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly
- Serve topped with fresh pineapple and a dusting of icing sugar.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 142mgSodium 363mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 7g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
I think your recipes are lovely - thanks so much for sharing them.
Could you tell me what Scan Bran is (maybe you have been asked this before and I apologise if I have missed it) ?
I am looking for some kind of treat that I can make that doesn't involve Mueller Light Yogurt, which all the recipes I can find seem to. So your cakes looks great. I just have no idea what Scan Bran is !
Thanks so much
scan bran you can buy at any health food store like Holland and Barrett or similar. I believe you may be able to get it at Slimming World meetings too. Just google Scandinavian Bran Crispbread. 🙂
it is a superfree food, unless pureed or cooked, when it then becomes syns 🙂
Hi, I tried this, with a substitution of coconut for vanilla essence (as I didn't have any) and normal sweetener for the Splenda (same reason as above), using a new Mueller Light vanilla with chocolate sprinkles (free!) making it 8 syns... very nice indeed! I had that scan bran in my cupboard for months, now I can use it 😀
What size cake tin is used in this please?
Can you tell me the size of cake tin used in this please?
Hi, it was just a regular round sandwich cake tin 🙂
Wendy Joy says
I'm a fan already but like to keep telling you 🙂
I'm going to dinner with my SW buddy tonight and I'm bringing dessert so I thought I'd try these.
They look yummy
Is there a substitute I can use instead of scan bran please because I’ve been unable to get it here in Australia
Siobhan (Slimming Eats) says
this recipe uses weetabix, all bran or oat bran may also work as a substitute, but I haven't tested with those ingredients.