I love Portobello mushroom caps, great sliced up and sautéed in a variety of dishes, or stuffed and topped with cheese.
I had some leftover turkey chilli in my fridge and was thinking what to serve it with, spotting the Portobello mushroom caps, I figured they would be great stuffed with the chilli and topped with cheese.
and so you have:
Turkey Chilli Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
- 2 large portobello caps, gills and stalk remove
- some leftovers of my Turkey Chilli, Chilli Con Carne or Lentil Chilli
- 90g (3oz) of mozzarella cheese (2xHEa's)
- freshly chopped coriander
- sliced spring onion
- natural plain yoghurt mixed with little juice of a lemon (or if you prefer you can syn some sour cream)
- Salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Place portobello mushrooms on a baking sheet, spray with spray oil, season with salt and black pepper and place in the oven for approx 8 mins
- Remove from oven and top with leftover chilli and mozzarella
- Place back in the oven and bake until cheese is melted. I then like to just put under the grill till cheese is golden on top.
- Top with fresh coriander and spring onion and a dollop of the yoghurt mix or sour cream (for a few syns)
- Serve with a mixed side salad. For a main meal you could add some syn free fries or similar.
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Green – 1 HEa per serving (top with my lentil chilli)
SP friendly – 1 HEa per serving (top with my chilli con carne)
WW Smart Points - 6
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent.
I ask that you always credit by linking back to my original post and don't reproduce the recipe or content in full. If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot and/or post recipe or content in full.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.