This sauce is delicious served over pasta and is a great way of getting some hidden veggies into your children’s diet. My kids love this sauce.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, whole30, paleo, vegetarian, Slimming World(SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free for entire jar
Green – syn free for entire jar
Original/SP – syn free for entire jar
- 3 cups (720ml) of chopped fresh vine tomatoes, peeled and deseeded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bulb of garlic, cloves peeled
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp of Italian herbs
- salt to season
- Spray oil
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place all tomatoes, onion, garlic and carrots in an large ovenproof dish, spray over the top with some spray oil.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and the Italian herbs and roast in the oven until tomatoes and carrots are softened and garlic and onion has caramelised - approx 1 hour.
- Place in a food processor with the tomato paste and pulse the blade a few times, while slowly pouring in the stock until it is sauce consistency. (you may not need to add all the stock, I like my sauce chunky, but if you like it smooth, place in a blender and blend till smooth)
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Store in a lidded jar.
- Can be kept in the fridge for approx 1 week or frozen for later use.
- I love to serve this over pasta, with fresh italian parsley and parmesan cheese from my Healthy Extra allowance.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.