Smother your pasta in this delicious Low Syn Sun-dried Tomato Red Pesto - using your HEa, it's only 1 syn for half the recipe.
I love red pesto, but ready-made jar versions can be pretty high synned if you want a decent amount stirred into your pasta and it kind of feels a waste of syns for the measly amount you get.
Now you can make this amazing low syn sun-dried Tomato Red Pesto and be happy with the fact that it will totally cover all your pasta and not cost you hardly any syns when using your HEa.
Just simple easy ingredients - sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, parmesan with passata and tomato paste. There is no need for oil or pine nuts in this version, meaning the syns are drastically reduced.
You don't even need to save this just for pasta, it is amazing with protein like chicken too. Bake some chicken breasts smothered in this Low Syn Sun-Dried Tomato Red Pesto for a delicious sauce.
For the pasta lovers, however, there really is no better way to enjoy this Low Syn Sun-dried Tomato Red Pesto than stirred into a big bowl of pasta. I like fusilli, but any pasta of choice is okay.
Reserve some of the pasta water when cooked, then as you stir the pesto into the pasta, ladle in that reserved pasta water, you will have an amazing bowl of Sun-dried Tomato Red Pesto Pasta - yum!!
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS LOW SYN SUN-DRIED TOMATO RED PESTO?
Whether you choose to serve this with pasta or with protein. I love to pair any kind of pesto dish with a salad of arugula and baby tomatoes. But it would be great with any serving of speed vegetable, especially roasted.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS LOW SYN SUN-DRIED TOMATO RED PESTO?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Low Syn Sun-dried Tomato Red Pesto | Slimming World
Yield 2 servings
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
- Green - 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7 (or a ¼ of the whole pesto for 3)
- 60g/2oz of Sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil) - 2 syns
- 50g/1.7oz of fresh basil
- 60g/2oz of parmesan - 2 HEa's
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- ¾ cup (180ml) of passata (crushed tomatoes)
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to a bowl and cover with water, to soften
- Drain and add to a mini food processor with the garlic and pulse till finely chopped.
- Add in the basil, parmesan and passata, plus a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until you have a paste.
- Perfect with chicken or stirred through pasta
- If not using straight away keep in a lidded jar in the fridge.
- When serving with pasta, reserve some pasta water and stir this through the cooked pasta with the pesto
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.2 g
Saturated Fat 5.7 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 710 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 15.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.