Oh yes this really is a Slimming World friendly Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce, packed with speed foods and totally delicious!!
If you love pasta, then you have to try this delicious Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce, it takes a basic Tomato Pasta sauce to a whole other level.
Double or even triple up the recipe and you will have plenty left for freezing too. Bonus!!
Years ago pasta for me would involve opening a jar of sauce and dumping the contents into the pan. I seriously can not remember the last time I used a jar sauce. I always make my own as it really is simple and pretty quick to do, plus it's so easy to sneak in some hidden vegetables if you have fussy ones in your house. It's a great sauce for adults and kids.
This delicious Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce comes packed with speed vegetables like onions, tomatoes, zucchini (courgette) and eggplant (aubergine). I love eggplant, it is such an underrated vegetable but is amazing in sauces like this. It gives a lovely flavour to the sauce too.
Check out some of these yummy recipes using eggplant (aubergine):
- Chicken and Eggplant Curry
- Spicy Eggplant and Tomato Soup
- Hoisin Eggplant and Edamame
- Eggplant and Pork Timbale
- Syn Free Roasted Vegetable Gratin
- Low Syn Moussaka Meatballs
- Mediterranean Layered Bake
- Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Aubergine, Courgette, Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
or you can also head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious healthy Slimming World Recipes.
For the creaminess to the sauce I use low fat cream cheese (like Philadelphia), it's low enough in syns to syn a serving and saves your healthy extra A for elsewhere in the day. Think of those cups of tea or coffee.
For an Original or SP day serve this Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce over spiralled vegetables like zucchini (courgette) or butternut squash for an even more speed food filled meal
The spiralizer I own is called a Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer. It is one of the higher rated ones out there. I've had other ones that just didn't cut it, this is sturdy enough to spiral even the hardest of vegetables like sweet potato and swede (rutabaga).
There are small handheld ones you can get too, but they will only spial stick shaped vegetables like carrots or zucchini, so you are pretty limited to what vegetables you can make interesting. If you are going to invest in a spiralizer I do recommend one like this.
This delicious Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce can also be kept gluten free by chosing a gluten free pasta and If you don't fancy pasta, this sauce is also great served with chicken and your choice of sides. I love it spooned over a grilled chicken breast, served with some rice or potatoes and vegetables - yum!!
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS CREAMY TOMATO PASTA SAUCE?
There is already plenty of speed vegetables in this sauce, but you can increase them even further by pairing with a mixed side salad. I love baby greens, cucumber and beetroot or some additional side vegetables of your choice would also go really well with this sauce, especially if serving it over chicken.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS CREAMY TOMATO PASTA SAUCE?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Blender or Immersion Stick Blender
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watcher friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 1.5 syns (serve over veggies, or chicken)
- WW Smart Points - 2 per serving
* Suitable for freezing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g of zucchini (courgette), chopped
- 300g of eggplant (aubergine), chopped
- 200g of fresh tomatoes, peeled
- 4 tbs of tomato paste (puree)
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tbs of mixed herbs
- 6 tbs of low-fat cream cheese (like Philadelphia)
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh Italian parsley or basil
- Place a non stick frying pan over a medium heat, spray with some cooking oil spray.
- Add, the onion and garlic and fry until softened. Approx 5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes just till they start to break down into a sauce.Add the zucchini, eggplant, tomato paste, mixed herbs and the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 30 mins.Add to a blender and blend till smooth.
- Add back into the pan along with the cream cheese and stir until it melts into the sauce making it nice and creamy.
- If the sauce becomes too thick, you can add a little more stock or water.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper. Perfect with cooked pasta, or spiralled veggies or even chicken.Serve topped with some fresh basil or Italian parsley
If you want to freeze some of this sauce, I recommend doubling or tripling up the recipe to make a larger quantity.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg
Sodium 430 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 5.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.